Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Baseball card values

Hi guys, I’m brand new here. I have 2 baseball cards that I can’t seem to find too many details or pricing on either one. The Joe Sewell card has a few similar ones on eBay BUT not a single one has the “SS -Cleveland Americans” on the bottom. They just have “(10) Joe Sewell”... any help would be great! These were given to me by my grandma and they mean a lot to me so I’ve been spending quite some time trying to get more details on them.

Comments

• pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

1922 E121-120 American Caramel Joe Sewell $40-$60ish value in that condition

1921 W516-2-1 Tris Speaker Maybe $40-$60 for that one also. So cool that you have some awesome cards passed on to you. I have a 1968 Topps Colavito from my grandpa

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, hello, how are ya? - welcome - :)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• @phelda said:
    1921 W516-2-1 Tris Speaker Maybe $40-$60 for that one also. So cool that you have some awesome cards passed on to you. I have a 1968 Topps Colavito from my grandpa

Thank you for your help! I will be keeping these for as long as I live, they mean too much to sell. I just got curious last night, came across this site and saw how helpful everyone was so I figured I’d see what kind of information I could get! Hopefully they’ll hold up decent in these hard cases. Any tips on keeping these old cards in the same condition without deteriorating..?

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Rc

Welcome!

Wow - 2 HOF'ers from gramps. You're a lucky guy.

I got a leaky Parker fountain pen from my mom's dad - leaked all over my shirt in school! Think you did way better.

Mike

If you want to keep them nice, maybe a holder that doesn't let the card slide around. Keeping them from moisture, extreme heat and direct sunlight are also obvious tips. Since your keeping them, I like the idea of leaving them where you can look at them often as a nice reminder of grandma.

Hey, not trying to be nosy, are those a few more cool cards you have in the upper right of the pictures?

• @phelda said:
    Hey, not trying to be nosy, are those a few more cool cards you have in the upper right of the pictures?

The one you see top right is an autographed Eric Torkelson football card. That was given to me by a family friend of my grandma who said “Your Dad will get an absolute kick out of this” (and honestly I still am not 100% certain on the story behind that but he laughs every time I pull out the card)... and underneath that one was a 1951 Bowman Ray Boone that was also given to me by my grandma at the same time she gave me the first two we were mentioning.