Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thank you BJ Searls for all that you have done.

dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

In looking at the new issue of Rare Coin Market Report, BJ has a story about her wonderful ride in numismatics, saying her years with Collector's Universe are coming to an end.

So I would just like to send a great big Thank You for all that you have done. Every time I have had a question or concern, she has been quick to respond.

The registry would not be as big of success had she not put so much into it.

I wish you the best of luck in wherever your life now takes you.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Comments

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

+1

GrandAm :)
  • TunisTunis Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭

She was amazing to me when I was involved in sports cards...

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

She’s the best

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the post - BJ has been great over the years. She organized a pattern display that Boiler78 and I participated in to kick off the pattern registry and more recently the PCGS Sample display for PCGS's 30th anniversary.

She has always been professional and on the ball!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

BJ was always very fair. She introduced some controversial changes. One or two I didn't like. But she always took the time to explain her reasoning and listen to concerns.

She has been a great asset to PCGS and will be hard to replace.
    Lance.

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

BJ is awesome. She has always been very responsive to set composite requests for the registry. In particular, over the years she helped me out by creating several set composites in my areas of interest: first branch-mint US gold sets (for my SF-mint collections) and more recently the World Coins Manufactured by US Mints set. Always professional and friendly... BJ, good luck in your future endeavors! You'll be missed.

• EastonCollectionEastonCollection Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tradedollarnut said:
    She’s the best

Ditto -- She's the best!

Easton Collection
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you BJ for making collecting more enjoyable to countless others!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

Just saw this news yesterday in the Nov/Dev RCMR. I appreciate so much everything BJ did to make the PCGS Set Registry fun. She has a terrific numismatic history. When David left one of my first thoughts was a hope that BJ and Cosetta would not also exit. I know, however, we all have to do what we have to do. It's sad news, to me, but I definitely wish BJ the best and send my deep sincere thanks for her many contributions.

From Music City, USA - ticklescat in the set registry

J

• fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2018 11:33AM

@Lakesammman said:
    She organized a pattern display that Boiler78 and I participated in to kick off the pattern registry

Would love to see this, any link or just go to the registry.

I could not find i the registry.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • DDRDDR Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

She was always very responsive, sad to hear she is leaving.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn't aware of this. When is her last day? I just sent her an email to day asking for a favor.

She will be sorely missed and very hard to replace. Really hate to hear this.

• LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

BJ was very responsive to my questions and
    ran a tight ship over the years. So to were others at PCGS and
    I appreciate them all.
    BJ I wish you well !

My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file