Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PWCC 1948 Jackie Robinson RC SGC-7.5 ...

mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold tonight for $41000+! Is that par for the grade? I just looked up the card in the PWCC archive...and an SGC-7.5 sold for $15000 a year ago. A PQ designation and video overview were worth 2.75x appreciation...

mint_only_pls

Comments

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Yep, correct. Even in '16 run-up, topped out at $18K. Tried to find if this card was sold previously, but no hits.

Did SGC re-do their cert #'s when they went to the new grading scale? I ask becasue the old cert #'s and the new cert #'s are very far off. If a card is bumped, does it get a new cert # from SGC?

Nevertheless, that's a nice win for the owner.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hum....habitual retractor man, h***n(278), set off a few snipes near the top. Then cancelled, then bid again. Odd. But two whales slugged it out at the end. it is a nice 7.5. IMO, butter looking than the BIN 8 on ebay.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Monte, it seemed like the 48’s overall sold well. I was watching a PSA 5 and PSA 6 Musial that sold very well. Way above past sales. I was watching the 7.5 and was shocked at how well it sold.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

I started collecting 48s about six months ago and have been watching closely. The appreciation over just that small time period is staggering.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is a really strong price.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful card. It was worth it to the buyer and can see why. The color just pops.

• Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

@GreenSneakers said:
    I started collecting 48s about six months ago and have been watching closely. The appreciation over just that small time period is staggering.

Are you building a PSA graded set? I’m curious of your progress. I think it’s a beautiful set, but the 49 cards in series 2 are brutally tough.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball