Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

It's settled - PWCC is the GOAT auction house

SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

I have a long history with PWCC, including auctioning off a 86-87 BBCE Fleer Basketball Box. Regardless of dollar amount, PWCC continues to consistently prove their value by taking care of the little details.

I recently submitted a card for their current auction. If you are familiar with PWCC auctions, you know they provide quality descriptions for the high end items. While my submission is not a five figure plus item, it is substantial and historically relevant. With their "Request Edit" option, I sent a message recommending a small description to market the item better. I was expecting a line or two at most.

I was blown away by what they produced. They actually took time to research the item and even as the seller, I wanted to buy it. I'd be shocked if this doesn't lead to at least a 10% increase in realized price.

Not sure if other auction houses are doing this, but PWCC again proved why I will always send them my items. I have seen a few posts on here detailing horror stories with lazy, inaccurate descriptions from other auction houses. Not PWCC - they actually take pride in their listings.

Keep up the great work.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.

Comments

• Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2018 4:32PM

It’s nice to read something like this. I’m not ready to hand PWCC the GOAT title just yet, but their responsiveness is refreshing and it sounds like in your case they went the extra mile.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to hear Joe.

What was the card?

Mike
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

But according to my email this morning ...
    PWCC has 10,126 auctions vs Probstein123 with 11,444 auctions...

• Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭

I've had nothing but positive experiences selling individual cards through PWCC. It's a good way to go if you have slabbed cards of significance. I also think for raw sets, the card-by-card approach with Greg Morris is a good way to go.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2018 7:55AM

PWCC is auctioning goats these days? :#

Daniel
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had good luck selling with PWCC. seems like a class act to me

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

PWCC and Probstein have been great for me, buying and selling.

• Options

@Stone193 said:
    Good to hear Joe.

What was the card?

How have you been, Mike? The card is still live and I feel it is poor form to promote it here. I'll be happy to post when the auction ends in 9 days and 4 hours!

Joe

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options

@BaltimoreYankee said:
    PWCC is auctioning goats these days? :#

Only Jordan, Brady, Gretzky and Ruth!

Joe

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:

@Stone193 said:
    Good to hear Joe.

What was the card?

How have you been, Mike? The card is still live and I feel it is poor form to promote it here. I'll be happy to post when the auction ends in 9 days and 4 hours!

Best of luck Joe.

Mike
  • Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Crisser stamp of approval ITT. GOAT status confirmed!

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

PWCC is awesome.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was watching a 55 Topps Jackie Robinson PSA 8 last night. Ended at $3,950!! Just look at the link to the previous auctions below. It was a gorgeous card but blew any of the previous sales out of the water.

https://www.psacard.com/auctionprices/baseball-cards/1955-topps/jackie-robinson/values/179684#g=8

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    demondeacsdemondeacs Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Was watching a 55 Topps Jackie Robinson PSA 8 last night. Ended at $3,950!! Just look at the link to the previous auctions below. It was a gorgeous card but blew any of the previous sales out of the water.

https://www.psacard.com/auctionprices/baseball-cards/1955-topps/jackie-robinson/values/179684#g=8

Almost double what it was listed for (twice) as a BIN.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please educate me, what does GOAT
    stand for? thanks

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

Greatest of all time

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Im surprised Wes Spece hasn't chimed in on this thread offering his rebuttal about Probstein. Probe is way more active in seeking consignments. However, Wes has been busy changing the starting lineup inventory in the store to notice.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

@MantleFan23 said:
    Im surprised Wes Spece hasn't chimed in on this thread offering his rebuttal about Probstein. Probe is way more active in seeking consignments. However, Wes has been busy changing the starting lineup inventory in the store to notice.

It's been years since the paper route!

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable