Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Is it really worth the time to put up images of your cards in the registry?

Or I am and my other fellow collectors wasting our time scanning the cards and uploading them to PSA ? Do you really look ( I know my set isnt looked at ...much) But do you look at others? And do you enjoy the pics?
x

Comments

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    yes!. pictures rock!.. i wish more people would do it. especially vintage . i have a modern set (92 bowman) and it just isnt worth the time since you can look it up on ebay at any time. but for rare and vintage cards its really nice to see pictures.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I know how you feel Boggs. I have scanned approximately 200 cards out of a 324 card set. Many of them are in my safe deposit box, so having the scans give me the ability to "view" them 24/7. It also serves as further proof of ownership for insurance purposes. Finally, (as you have stated) I hope it gives others the chance to see cards they might not otherwise see.
  • Options
    rbeatonrbeaton Posts: 631
    Yes, please post pictures. Sometimes, I will look at someones collection w/o pictures, and it just feels like I am looking at a checklist.

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    Pictures are cool.image

Especially tough vintage stuff.

I would add pics to my sets but my scanner is a piece of $hit.

Matt
    UK based collector.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    From a personal level: it would help in potential insurance claims and it is a good place to store images of your cards.

From "other collectors" viewpoint: I think other collectors interested in the same type of collection may look at particular cards, low pop. commons, star cards, etc., but I don't think there would be many other collectors who would look at an entire set.

MS
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I like having the pictures available....it gives me a chance to visit my cards while I'm at work....
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>but I don't think there would be many other collectors who would look at an entire set. >>

Unless they are the slime of ebay that would steal the scan and try to "sell" it on ebay... even though they do not have it!

that would be my biggest fear (but I dont really have anything worth "virtual theft".
    imageimage
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Scans such as the ones that Vargha has put up for his set are much appreciated. They give us a chance to view cards that we do not otherwise see. Hopefully, other collectors will follow suit. I would love to see especially the obscure cards and test sets with photos.
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    I too enjoy looking at the pictures. I feel for you Vargha...but then again if I owned that set it would be a pleasure.

Thanks to all who take the time to put up pics in there Registered set/sets!!!!!!
    x
  • Options
    Personally, I have viewed the 72 sets quite often, I love the pictures of the low pop 9's and 10's. And as for people not viewing entire sets, I have viewed Carlos's 74 set so many times now, its not even funny. image I love that he posted scans and such up, and he's the one who got me into the 74's.

Ian
  • Options
    I love the scans. They are awesome. I've looked at all kinds of sets, from '51 Bowman, '65 Topps, '69, the '72's, '74's, to 1914 Cracker Jacks, '74/75 Topps basketball, etc. There are alot of cards you'd never see ordinarily.

I'd love to see some of the big sets; '33 Goudey, '52 Topps.
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Ian & CARDKid,

I'm glad you enjoy the images. It is good to know that someone is looking. It is very time consuming to load 700 photos per set. At least the labor is worth it to other collecters. To be honest, I look at my cards online more than I look at them in person.

Carlos
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I agree scans are great. When I take a break at the office, I can look at my cards.