Home Q & A Forum
Options

What do you think. To me this looks like 22/11 overdate

Here’s pics of 2 different coins. One looks like an overdate and the other has some type of error I just don’t know what causes it .

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2018 4:49PM

I don't see an error or an overdate. Looks like debris inside BOTH "2's." Let's see what others think.

• Options
    shinywhiteshinywhite Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

^^ so if its debris in there,(which I agree, its looks like it), the must've been cleaned

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dirt on a coin is no indication of cleaning or not cleaning. The junk in the "2" can be easily removed w/o leaving a trace. Then we can see if it is a 2/1. If you don't know how to do it you may scratch the coin.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

could be. Is that a known variety?

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Counter damage?

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kkathyl said:
    Counter damage?

definitely not counter damage. It's raised.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

ALIA looked like a some indentation to it from my view, but you have it in hand. Nothing better then that.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

I say lamination break inside the 2's in the first coin, the second looks like a weak strike at the date and maybe a clash below the BIG 1. IMO. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

A wooden toothpick is fairly safe for cleaning off schmootz, even for an amateur.

Better to get experience without doing harm, like training wheels.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.