Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dear PSA.....So where is the "stain" ?

Not my card...just curious
Bubble gum residue ?

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would guess wax, difficult to see in scans. You could always ask the seller to confirm.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    I would guess wax, difficult to see in scans. You could always ask the seller to confirm.

This makes sense to me. I sent in a 1987 OPC card that I thought was a 10 and it came back a 5. I missed a wax stain.

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

If it's wax on the front that's been wiped off, you might be able to see it if you angle the card against a light. That area would be shinier than the rest of the card. I wouldn't call that a stain, but PSA might think differently.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe its the black dot to the left of his arms under the football?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only thing that I can detect (?) is on the reverse right white vertical border. Some form of ever so slightly light black/grey marks running up/down the border. Really tough to confirm w/o the card in hand. And the obvious fish eye. Let us know if you find out any more info.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

It would be easy to see in hand and harder to see in the provided scan, but there's wax visible to the left and above the football. It's probably in other spots too but it all can be easily removed resubmitted for a straight grade. Just hope the bottom corners this time are not assessed at a grade lower than 6.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

In any event, a really nice looking card. I wouldn't mind the qualifier for a great Namath like that.

Daniel
  • Options
    pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

I would pay full PSA 6 money for that, its really nice.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great looking card. I would also guess wax on the front. usually if there is a wax stain on the back it will leave a dark stain.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Card has a great look, I would want for my collection.