Home Sports Talk
Options

The New York Jets......

DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're like the alcoholic sheriff in a western movie who has to sober up for a day because
the bad guys are coming to town. They need to somehow pull together even though they're
now the laughingstock of the NFL and run the Broncos out of town. Can they do it, or will the Broncos
run roughshod over the town?
This will determine the Jets season, win and still have a chance, lose and done for the year.

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's be realistic here, they have no chance this seasoin regardless of what happens today.

The hope is that they drafted a franchise QB at #3 in the draft but at this point it is too early to tell.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sam Darnold is still an interesting QB in my opinion. You couldn't ask for a much better first game from him to open the season.

He has digressed from that spectacular effort, losing three straight games. However the last two of those games were on the road.

Today's Jets game against the Broncos, the Jets are back home, and I think Darnold should have an improved effort.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Sam Darnold is still an interesting QB in my opinion. You couldn't ask for a much better first game from him to open the season.

He has digressed from that spectacular effort, losing three straight games. However the last two of those games were on the road.

Today's Jets game against the Broncos, the Jets are back home, and I think Darnold should have an improved effort.

He's looking good thus far.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like Darnold, he needs some WR’s and ASJ at TE back

• Options

@perkdog said:

Agreed. He throws with authority and has the confidence you look for in a legit starting QB.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

ASJ plays for the Jags now.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    Let's be realistic here, they have no chance this seasoin regardless of what happens today.

The hope is that they drafted a franchise QB at #3 in the draft but at this point it is too early to tell.

They must have played pretty solidly today, as they built a comfortable lead over the Broncos.
    Glad they stepped up and got it done, good Sunday for the Chiefs as the Raiders and Chargers
    are now playing, and one of them has to lose.LOL.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

ASJ plays for the Jags now.

That’s why I said he needs him BACK.