Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

1939 Australian Half Penny "Roo" pattern. ANACS Graded *Genuine* But Corroded Value please?

Bradford B. White

Best Answer

Answers

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

What makes this a pattern?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

• The other Reverse said Commonwealth of Canada and had the One Cent design similr to the older Canadian half cent.

Bradford B. White
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still don't see why your coin is a pattern. Over 500,000 coins were minted in 1939 with the Roo reverse. Or am I wrong?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Krause said it is a pattern... You would have to ask them? I don't know other than what I have read from obviously knowledgeable collector's? They listed it as such...

Bradford B. White
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not understanding your point/question here either. That appears to be a bog standard 1/2d of 1940. There is no Canadian markings or indication on it anywhere and appears as do these come, from an accumulation of similar pieces. It does NOT have any proof appearance and I can not see any obvious variants.
    Most patterns were done to a proof standard, a few to test circulating designs.

Are you saying someone from Krause has positively identified this as a pattern? That seems perhaps doubtful.
    My 40th edition on page 108 identifies this as KM #41 (mintage 504,000) and values it at $9.50 in Fine condition.
    This would have to be valued at perhaps 1/3 that at very best & likely would not sell to a dealer at all, or even a collector.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Figures.. Thank you...

Bradford B. White