Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Don't you hate it when collectors rest on their laurels

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

And show the same boring coins over and over again? :#

Box of 20 collectors have a slow, lonely collection...

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many "Box of Twenty" collectors are constantly upgrading or changing out what they believe should be in their box.
    I haven't really noticed anyone here showing off the same coin over and over again.

peacockcoins

• Options

I kinda meant me.

I haven't added a piece since June of 2017 :(

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

it happens as life gets in the way of collecting sometimes

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's see Queen Jadwiga! o:)

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

"REAL" collectors will opt for a second box of 20. :p

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

It bothers me when someone proudly states that they have never sold a coin.
    If you still have every coin you ever bought, your collection is not as good as it could be. Surely your taste has improved over the years.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm more like many many boxes of 20. A USA Box, a Scots box, a Russian box, an English box, a British box, a gold box, a silver crown box, a European minor box etc.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those earlier 20th century Polish coins go well with Romania, Portugal and Italy for attractive coinage a hundred years ago.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you picked up another piece, Weiss. I think this is a beautiful design and we don't see enough of them in high grade or with terrific eye appeal.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

Thanks. I bought that piece years ago, too. Wanted to have a nice BU example. Then I found out how hard it is to find one in MS condition.

12,000,000 pieces were minted between 1932 and 1933 in London and Warsaw. Of those, about 1,000 total have been certified by NGC and PCGS. And of those, exactly 2 are graded MS65, with none higher.

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

The French Sower types are extremely attractive especially if with some color like your outstanding 1919 1F Brandon. Pair that coin up with an eye appealing 1926-1928 Albania 2 Franga and that would be a winning little mini set for sure! I recall @CoinRaritiesOnline had a killer one of those a while back. I would like to see that coin again.

Jeff

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice items, thanks for sharing !!! :)

Timbuk3