Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Anyone figure out how to search Great Collections for world gold?

I've tried several choices in the parameters box to locate coins that aren't modern crap.
No luck.
The site is crammed with NCLT junk that I don't seem able to filter out.

Comments

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. I tried using the date range to filter out stuff before 1970, but no workie. I still see more modern stuff.

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't found a really good way outside of going to the Gold subcategory of World Coins and just scrolling endlessly. Perfect activity when I only have to be sorta listening on work conference calls. I have the same problem with the World silver coins. They are all mixed up and the entries don't seem to behave as expected if I try to filter by date on the left, or sort by coin catalog date at the top.

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least most of the NCLT stuff are for a few countries like Australia, Canada, and China, so I scroll a little (maybe a lot) faster through those countries...

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

A really overlooked fault that could increase sales.

But............. ????

• ElmhurstElmhurst Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

@messydesk said:
    Nope. I tried using the date range to filter out stuff before 1970, but no workie. I still see more modern stuff.

Same here. It gets old sorting thru all the modern crap, plus all the items price at retail which no one bids on.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, I will pile on: I have given up looking because I HATE fumbling through all the listings of Australian, Canadian and Chinese proof sets and other "goodies".

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • celaviecelavie Posts: 31 ✭✭

I have been listing some coins for sale on the site over the last months - sold some, others not so much. They are world gold, silver and minors, mostly 1900's Africa: British West Africa, British East Africa, Congo, Katanga, Rwanda etc. I think there would be more traffic/views and interest if the listings could be found more easily - enter Africa and you always get South Africa - not Rwanda, Congo , etc. Granted you can get to them by entering individual countries - but they don't fall readily under "Africa." So you almost have to weed out the listings individually.

I have to add that the principals at Great Collections are great. Their grading service, accounting and communication have been top-notch. It's just the world coins search function that I believe could really use some attention and really enhance the listing and buying experience for all.

FYI: https://www.greatcollections.com/sell/current

RKL

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've experienced the same issues !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ianrussell I too find the search function a bit unwieldy. Love the site, but the search function can be challenging.