Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Newp: 1951 Bowman Mantle

Always wanted one of these. Seemed to work out! Feel free to post your thoughts on the grade.

All coins kept in bank vaults.
PCGS Registries
Box of 20
SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2018 2:55AM

We are talking a 1951 Bowman Mantle here, first order of business is to say congrats! Beautiful card for the grade, for a low grade card if it’s not creased and has no tape marks on it you got yourself a winner in my opinion.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

OHHH baby

From a Yankee collector who needs this card

congrats a monster pick up

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

While the technical grade is appropriate, that's a beauty in terms of registration and completely lacking the PD that can plague the jersey. Far better than the average 2.

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

Very nice eye appeal for the low grade. Just a few minor creases which don't affect the image much and some out of the way surface spotting and wear. No annoying vertical print line that you can come with even higher grade cards. A nice premium looking 2 and correctly graded.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! Congrats!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

You fulfilled your quest, that's all that matters. Enjoy your new acquisition.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    bammerbbbammerbb Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

I believe the grade is accurate. With that said, you sure have a fantastic card that you'll enjoy for a long time. Congratulations.

• Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats Ankur! I thought you'd forgotten about coins and cards in favor of GA comics and original art. :) Your '51 Mantle is a nice one -- still a lot more affordable than his '52 Topps and I always like the fact that it's his true rookie card. The focus is nice; centering is typical; surface wear is typical of a G and very similar to the appearance of my good '51 Mays. It also lacks the roller lines that often come on the Mantle (which mine has, though not interfering with his face, which made all the difference to me.)

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your pick up, she is a beauty in any grade. :+1::+1:

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

I've been collecting - without a break - right at 30 years and don't have a Mantle RC. What a great card.

The Mick looks great in a 2 IMO.

Mike