Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I hope the buyer isn't anyone here

I don't recall ever seeing PWCC sell one of these before. These are cards that were made in the 90s by some unknown producer to try and create a "new" Gretzky RC to replace his '79. Card is numbered #1 but it's not part of a set. They are all over eBay for less than $10 they are strictly a novelty item now a days.

Kevin

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

This changes my opinion of PWCC.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    Collectors of memorabilia collect it all....I wouldn't mind owning one of these if I were a Gretzky collector in the least. The back of it is pretty cool with a photo and bio etc..... I appreciate your above opinions....but for me, I've collected police cards of NFL players and the same with baseball..... what the free market yields is what the free market yields. Wayne Gretzky is the Babe Ruth of hockey.... anything with Babe's pic on it sells....bottle caps, cereal boxes, newspaper clips, magazines, cards and photos by any and all producers...If you collect 'em then you gotta have 'em. Heck, I'd even thank PWCC for giving me the opportunity to own it...whether I'd pay 140.00 is another story altogether.

I think the point is that the title is misleading and the winner obviously was misled and didn't realize they could be had for $10. No one is arguing the collectability of the item.

Arthur

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

I think I might be able to get you one for only $145 if you are interested

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

@dennis07 said:
    This changes my opinion of PWCC

I hear you. That card is totally deserving of a PQ designation.