Home Sports Talk
Options

¿dónde está Justacommeman?

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 25, 2018 2:33PM in Sports Talk

is he at a Paris brothel with Jim Furyk?

or perhaps he has purged his life of all sports with the exception of long-distance running like Coin?

or maybe he skipped off to the Shakespeare festival with Bronco?

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2018 4:17PM

@galaxy27 said:

or perhaps he has purged his life of all sports with the exception of long-distance running like Coin?

bronco is barely getting out of the house he knows no ones whereabouts . Infected tooth from hell finally pulled today and stepped on a 16 penny spike 2 days ago so soaking one foot in my chili pot and a bag of frozen peas on my head watching white collar on netflix

today was the first tooth I ever had out where the dentist used a hammer and chisel , I feel like I might have a detached retina I'm seeing stars and planetoids

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@galaxy27 said:

bronco is barely getting out of the house he knows no ones whereabouts . Infected tooth from hell finally pulled today and stepped on a 16 penny spike 2 days ago so soaking one foot in my chili pot and a bag of frozen peas on my head watching white collar on netflix

today was the first tooth I ever had out where the dentist used a hammer and chisel , I feel like I might have a detached retina I'm seeing stars and planetoids

i feel your pain.......literally. i cracked a tooth back in Jan and that side of my face blew up the size of a grapefruit. you could've run over me with your car, stopped, thrown it in reverse, backed over me again, and i swear it would've felt better. 8 months later and i still haven't completed the implant process.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably placing proxy bids for Versace.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@galaxy27 said:

Been there....done that! I had a wisdom tooth pulled while I was in the Army and the LT. dentist had his foot on the arm of the chair and still couldn't get it out tugging with all his might. He said we will have to pull it out in pieces. He then drilled 3 holes across the middle.......grabbed a hammer and chiesle....gave her a few whacks across those holes and pulled it out half at a time! One of the worse ordeals I have ever been through!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a previous post, Mark had stated that around this time he was going to be busy doing a physical count of all the gold coins in his collection, and that it would take him at least several weeks to do it.

• Options

You wimps with the tooth pain stories. I've had tooth pain and a wisdom tooth removed. It was a Swedish massage compared to the kidney stone I had.

The little bastige measured 8mm x 14mm when i finally passed it after around 90 days. However, it wasn't non-stop 90 days of pain. The pain basically only happened when it was "moving" and I've read that pain is as bad if not worse than child birth.

Believe me, when the damn thing passed thru my bladder and got stuck in you know where, I wished that instead I was in a North Korea prison camp getting tortured. I figured the pain that they dish out wouldn't have been as bad. LOL

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    You wimps with the tooth pain stories. I've had tooth pain and a wisdom tooth removed. It was a Swedish massage compared to the kidney stone I had.

The little bastige measured 8mm x 14mm when i finally passed it after around 90 days. However, it wasn't non-stop 90 days of pain. The pain basically only happened when it was "moving" and I've read that pain is as bad if not worse than child birth.

Believe me, when the damn thing passed thru my bladder and got stuck in you know where, I wished that instead I was in a North Korea prison camp getting tortured. I figured the pain that they dish out wouldn't have been as bad. LOL

Been there....done that......too! I wanted somebody to just shoot me!

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@stevek said:

I have avoided that thus far in life and thankful at that. Sounds less than fun. I am now going to google "how to avoid kidney stones." lol.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was logged in yesterday morning, just haven't seen any posts since the 21st.

• Options

I am going to create a new ID konye_west make all kind of posts then disappear for a while and await the inevitable .

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

Great pictures. Looks like fun!

• Options

<<< two week business trip >>>

Mark wound up buying the Burj Khalifa for an undisclosed sum. ;)

• Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

That is a pretty big one to pass. I had my one and only in the early 2000's and it was deemed to be about 1 mm too large to pass. I soldiered on for about 60 days (the Percocet was lovely) but finally had to have it fished out in the OR on some Saturday morning in the early fall. Very true what you say about it not being much of anything except when moving. That movement resulted in a few ER visits for me. These days I am sure they would be much more conservative with the pain meds.

Jeff

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2018 2:19AM

All those discarded wagering slips on the ground show that the wall is not 100% efficient.

• Options

@cecropiamoth said:

@stevek said:

That is a pretty big one to pass. I had my one and only in the early 2000's and it was deemed to be about 1 mm too large to pass. I soldiered on for about 60 days (the Percocet was lovely) but finally had to have it fished out in the OR on some Saturday morning in the early fall. Very true what you say about it not being much of anything except when moving. That movement resulted in a few ER visits for me. These days I am sure they would be much more conservative with the pain meds.

Jeff

The urologist, his exact words when i asked him will it pass, he said "unlikely" and in the tone he stated it, he was basically saying, "No it's not going to pass."

From the CAT scan, the urologist said it was 8mm, but he didn't mention the 14mm part. Perhaps because it was rectangular in shape, the CAT scan didn't pick up the 14mm part of it.

I still have the stone in a little plastic container. I'll take a pic of it, placed next to a ruler, whenever I get the chance.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome pics Mark! Safe travels my friend

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, nice pictures Mark. Looks like it was a fun trip.

In a related story, I'm just back home from a one day business trip from work.
    Tomorrow I have another one day business trip to work.
    Saturday its possible I'll have a half day business trip to work, but I'm hoping not.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

You don't just lay your hands on the wall man , you gotta hit it hard , just whale on it

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2018 10:45PM

Where are you @Justcommeman? We missed you and your beautiful coins post <3
    It is now beyond the 5 weeks period upon your plan to return B)

@Justacommeman said:
    I’m alive and well. Just got back from a two week business trip that took me to Dubai, Israel and Milan. Didn’t leave me much time to do anything else. Spending the next 5 weeks off and on the US campaign trail so I’ll be a ghost for awhile.

While I’m not religious The Wailing Wall in Jerusalem was one of the most epic moments of my life. I prayed for all of you. Some more then others

• Options

was thinking about this dude (Justa) the other day. we spoke in private a number of times but i don't have contact info................i wonder if anyone from the coin side knows anything? when a fixture ups and leaves without notice, my mind tends to gravitate toward a dark place. hate that. he hasn't logged in since May.

(btw some famous and infamous names in this thread)

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2022 2:28PM

@galaxy27 said:
    ..............i wonder if anyone from the coin side knows anything? when a fixture ups and leaves without notice, my mind tends to gravitate toward a dark place. hate that. he hasn't logged in since May.

?

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

We've chatted in PMs as well, he's a super cool guy, I sent him a PM a while back but have gotten no response yet. He's probably just busy but I hope everything is ok.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope he’s just been busy with work. We miss you Mark.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2022 2:30PM

Just got a PM from a long time Coin Forum member..... He said his last contact with Mark was on August 25. He said, "Maybe just a hiatus."

Sounds good...