when was the release date

Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
    https://www.ebay.com/str/bigleagueseller
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Amazing, and silly at the same time. That's a lot of money to dump on a player who might be out of the league in a couple of years if he doesn't bounce back from surgery.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.

Mike
  • Options

Crazy considering the only Japanese player destined for the HOF is Ichiro. Every other player has faded away after a few good years in America.

• Options

Way to early to count Ohtani out. End of April he was ROY vote leader as a pitcher now at the end of September he is ROY vote leader as a hitter. But what really impresses me is literally 3 hours after the docs tell him he needs TJ surgery he blast 2 HRs and 4 in 3 days. That shows off the charts mental toughness and focus. Plus TJ is not nearly as bad as it was the worst part is the 18 month recovery but he won't miss anytime at the plate. Doctors have said (of course everyone is different they are generalizing) 3 month recovery to resume hitting he is having surgery next week he will be ready for Spring Training

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

Some people have a ridiculous amount of money and like spending it.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bigdogparty said:
    Crazy considering the only Japanese player destined for the HOF is Ichiro. Every other player has faded away after a few good years in America.

There have only been 66 Japanese born players in MLB history. That means 1 out of 66 is 1.5%. There are 323 hall of farmers. The rest of the world has 19,163 players born in their countries which makes for 1.6%. A Japanese player is no more or less likely to make the HOF than one from any other country.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG, note to self - sell all Ohtani's now.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

@brad31 said:

@bigdogparty said:

There have only been 66 Japanese born players in MLB history. That means 1 out of 66 is 1.5%. There are 323 hall of farmers. The rest of the world has 19,163 players born in their countries which makes for 1.6%. A Japanese player is no more or less likely to make the HOF than one from any other country.

OMG, Dallas Actuary is back :)

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well thought maybe it was 184,000 times more likely and the buyer was on to something so I ran the numbers!

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Amazing ! New modern card commanding that kind of money. Ohtani is a special talent and I hope he can pitch again in 2020. I can see Ohtani hit 30-35 home runs as a full time DH.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I would never tell anyone how to collect, but that sure is a lot of money.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what you call bragging rights. Some super rich Asian can say look what I have that no one else can. Good for them that they can blow this much money.

If I had to bet this card will be 99% lower at some point. For the buyers sake hopefully I am wrong but the odds favor I am not.

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

That is a crazy amount, that's all I can say.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

Yeah, not what I would spend $183K on, but to each his own.