Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A Tale of Three Scratches

Ha! I totally got you to click on a 1990 Donruss thread by not mentioning that it was about 1990 Donruss in the title. Winning.

I believe my irrational and pointless appreciation for '90 Donruss is well documented here on this board. But I recently discovered a new variation. Actually, it's an additional variation to a known variation that can be found with another variation. So, if you're scoring at home, that's 6 different cards for this one card, not including the DOT/NO DOT or the splatter patterns. A true master set of 1990 Donruss would consist of infinity cards.

637 Terry Steinbach All-Star

Everybody knows about the two back variations -- Correct: "All-Star Game Performance" & Error "Recent Major League Experience"

On the front of this card, in the top-left corner of the photo, you'll find a southeast curved scratch that crosses his bat. The scratch can be found all white, all blue, or half & half.

These are the combinations I've confirmed so far:

Blue Scratch - Correct Back
Blue Scratch - Error Back
Half Scratch - Correct Back
White Scratch - Error Back

I've still got some All-Star cards to dig out and go through but if anyone finds themselves in the presence of any '90 Donruss Steinbach All-Star cards in the future I sure would appreciate it if you did a quick check to see if you had a combo not listed above. In the meantime, I'll continue doing what even Reginald P. Donruss, grandson of Albert Donruss and founder of Donruss Inc., even considers a fool's errand. Thanks for playing along!

Arthur

Comments

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

And what is with that faceless alien wearing a Hostess Snowball in the stands

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al