Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

4 the hockey guys

1970s1970s Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dark back, from a wax pack. Not from vending. No black printers line down the right hand side. All the vending issues that are off centered left to right have the black printers line down the ride hand side.
Very tough to find a wax pack Orr this centered. She's a beauty !

Comments

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! What a great card! In addition to the ‘73s being tough because of the colored borders it’s also brutal for centering. That card presents so well. Great addition.

If I recall correctly you’ve posted a bunch of Orr autos before. Are you going for a complete run?

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a beauty!

Andy

• Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Wow, well done! Just a classic card, like Kevin said very tough because of the borders. She's a beaut!

• Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Boston Bruins knew Orr had a bum knee so they decided not to resign him, after being rejected by the Bruins the Blackhawks decided to give him one last chance to play and if he could not play the contract would be void,I read Bobby Orr's book his knees were banged up when he left Junior A ,also when they had the first Canada Cup of hockey Orr played the series and he was the star, before the tournament doctors told him not to participate so he could rest his knees but playing for Canada was an event that the superstar would not have missed for all the money the world,this led to more damage.

• Options

@electrode said:
    Boston Bruins knew Orr had a bum knee so they decided not to resign him, after being rejected by the Bruins the Blackhawks decided to give him one last chance to play and if he could not play the contract would be void,I read Bobby Orr's book his knees were banged up when he left Junior A ,also when they had the first Canada Cup of hockey Orr played the series and he was the star, before the tournament doctors told him not to participate so he could rest his knees but playing for Canada was an event that the superstar would not have missed for all the money the world,this led to more damage.

I think your history is a bit off. Orr was screwed over by his own agent. The Bruins offered him a 5 year contract and 20% of the team! His agent Alan Eagleson was a scumbag who didn't present the Bruins offer to him. When Orr found out he was livid and never spoke to him again.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options

Sorry I was wrong it was only 18.5 % of the team. Here's a quick read on it if your interested:

https://www.nhl.com/news/bobby-orr-deceived-in-free-agency-departure-to-chicago-blackhawks/c-290185946

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Wow!!! That's bananas. A Bruin for life and a piece of the team? The rest is mouse nuts. I'd never talk to that dude again either. POS.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Why would the Bruins offer Orr a 5 year contract when they knew he would not be a competitive player again? Eagleson was lawyer i can't believe he would turn down an offer from the Bruins which more lucrative,the Bruins made light of the Orr deal after he left to go to Chicago to save face.

• Options

@electrode said:
    Why would the Bruins offer Orr a 5 year contract when they knew he would not be a competitive player again? Eagleson was lawyer i can't believe he would turn down an offer from the Bruins which more lucrative,the Bruins made light of the Orr deal after he left to go to Chicago to save face.

Why? Because having the greatest Dman the game has ever seen and arguably it's greatest player as the face of your franchise as a player if possible, an ambassador if he can't play, and locked to your franchise as part owner in perpetuity is a smart business decision.

So you can't believe lawyers don't lie, cheat, or steal? There are probably a equal number of lawyers in jail as there are any other white collar professionals. Oh ... wait that's right Eagleson isn't even a lawyer anymore he was disbarred and imprisoned for fraud and embezzlement. He stole from his clients. And as 1970s said ( sorry I tried to find your name but couldn't) He was buddies with Wurtz and was trying to hook up his friend.

Kevin

Kevin