Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

A seller to avoid -- This is messed up

So I purchase a card on August 24 and pay immediately. The approximation dates on the purchase page tell me I should expect to get the card sometime between September 11 - September 17. I think that's kind of extreme for a PWE delivery (shipping was $0.99) but I'm a patient guy so whatever.

On the 18th I decide I better check up so I send the seller a message basically asking if the card has shipped and, if not, can they tell me when it will ship? Exactly 4 minutes later they respond that they can't find the card but they don't have it marked shipped. They offer my choice of a different card or a refund. I choose refund. I'm pissed. I had to wait a month to basically get them to tell me what they obviously already knew but it's just a $5 transaction so WOO ZAAH. But before I found my zen center I sent a snide message basically saying "how hard did you actually look for the card if you responded in 4 minutes." That's it, didn't even read their response, I moved on.

A few days go by. I was just in my purchase history leaving feedbacks and cleaning it out when I got to that listing. I noticed an option next to it to "Appeal Case." I've never seen that before. I click on it. THEY FILED AN UNPAID ITEM STRIKE AGAINST ME.

Needless to say, I just spent 10 minutes going through the eBay policies and forms filing an appeal and all that malarkey. Anyway, the seller is djcsportcards . Do what you will with this information.

Arthur

Tagged:

Comments

• pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

How did they file an unpaid item strike against you if you paid on the original purchase date?

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

No clue. After they refunded me they cancelled the transaction claiming I asked them to. I got eBay to overturn the nonpaying strike by appealing it.

Arthur

• garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Very odd. Hope you left a neg.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED