Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

1874-H Victoria Canadian Quarter PCGS AU58 & Other Superb Coins For Sale

Howdy Folks. I currently have two dozen or so choice coins for sale on my website. Included in these is a wonderful 1874-H Victoria (Vicky) quarter. Please find an image below followed by the description-

The Queen Victoria twenty-five cent coins came about in part due to the growing difference in intrinsic value of United States silver coinage vs. their face value. Until that time, US coinage moved fairly freely throughout Canada, but as Canadian banks began to feel the pinch from conversion of US coinage, there was a movement to introduce the first Canadian twenty-five cent coins. This 1874-H issue was coined exclusively using the youthful Obverse 2. Although the mintage of this issue was a healthy 2.6 million pieces, they were immediately pressed into service to replace US coinage, which had its legal tender status revoked in July, 1871. These pieces served for many years, which makes high grade coinage relatively scarce. This coin is slightly dark, but with obvious burning luster around the rims and surfaces that show just a hint of green and orange around some devices when rotated under a light. It also has significant meat and no bad marks, hits or scrapes at all. These are great coins when found like this. Horrible coins from this, and many other series, are overpriced; gems like this are undervalued. $389.00

Please follow the link to my website to view other coins or to read my original numismatic articles. Thank you for your time.

Thomas Bush Numismatics

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Comments