Home Sports Talk
Options

yo Darin

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

i have joked about your windfall, but i really am intrigued by the Mahomes cards you've acquired. if you'd like to share them, i've created this thread especially for that purpose. i'd be willing to bet that there are others in this forum who would like to see them as well.

cheerio

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post ‘Em up Darin!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always fun to see pics from a nice score.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually used to scan my baseball cards a lot and post them on the sportscard forum, but haven't
    done that in probably two years, which is approximately when my computer got uppity and told
    my scanner they were no longer compatible. So in effect my computer divorced my scanner and I
    don't know how to fix it, and have thus far been too lazy to take them to a computer service business.

I am going to do have it fixed sometime this winter, when work slows down for me.

As far as smart phones, mines not too bright. Its a flip phone that I actually just use for calls and
    not too get on the internet. And it takes crappy pictures.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@Darin said:
    I actually used to scan my baseball cards a lot and post them on the sportscard forum, but haven't
    done that in probably two years, which is approximately when my computer got uppity and told
    my scanner they were no longer compatible. So in effect my computer divorced my scanner and I
    don't know how to fix it, and have thus far been too lazy to take them to a computer service business.

I am going to do have it fixed sometime this winter, when work slows down for me.

As far as smart phones, mines not too bright. Its a flip phone that I actually just use for calls and
    not too get on the internet. And it takes crappy pictures.

Just a hunch, but that could be a really simple, quick fix.

You could likely post the problem with all the info in a computer forum with all the nerds on there who love helping people out. Post your computer's operating system, the scanner brand name and model number, and what you think may have happened to make the scanner inoperable.

It could be that you only need to install the driver again. Delete all the scanner info off your computer, it's not working anyway, install a new driver for it probably available for free off the internet, and the scanner will likely work again, but I'm not 100% sure. You could see what the nerds say before doing anything. It's your call.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do remember when it happened, my computer kept asking to update to the latest edition of windows,
    and I always clicked no, then one time it updated anyway without me saying yes. After that happened,
    the first time I tried to use my scanner the computer said it wasn't compatible. I'm not very computer
    oriented, so I fooled around with it for awhile and never could get it to work so just gave up.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@Darin said:
    I do remember when it happened, my computer kept asking to update to the latest edition of windows,
    and I always clicked no, then one time it updated anyway without me saying yes. After that happened,
    the first time I tried to use my scanner the computer said it wasn't compatible. I'm not very computer
    oriented, so I fooled around with it for awhile and never could get it to work so just gave up.

I think it's virtually certain that's what caused the problem.

First click the "settings" area on your computer. There should be an area which says something such as "printers and scanners" - click that. You should see your scanner listed on there. See if it is marked as enabled or something like that, with a check mark on it or something like that. Fixing it may be as simple as "re-enabling" the scanner, in which the update for whatever reason may have disabled it in that settings area.

If that doesn't work, i do think that reinstalling the driver would work. You may not even have to delete the old scanner info off your computer. The new driver info may just automatically override that, but I'm not sure.

So with the installation disc that came with the machine, you could just try doing the set-up again. Or just download the installation driver for your model scanner that is probably available for free on the internet.

I think the only way this effort wouldn't work is that if the scanner is very old and simply not compatible with the new windows update.