Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thoughts on Sac Dollar collecting

2»

Comments

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2019 8:10PM

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only ones I have are in My completed to date Dansco. No, I also have a couple graded PL's.

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is one struck over a Massachusetts State Quarter:

Not mine, but I sure wish it was! Amazing detail of the host coin

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• KeithMS70KeithMS70 Posts: 192 ✭✭✭

Collect what you like. I think you should get away from buying rolls and get each coin you need. Also another suggestion is to try putting together a dansco type set.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collect what you like. I think you should get away from buying rolls and get each coin you need. Also another suggestion is to try putting together a dansco type set.

I was going to say something similar, but you said it for me. I've put together a Dansco with all of the uncs, proofs, and special finishes and it looks great. Isn't that what collecting is about? Best of all, it doesn't have to cost a bundle.

The comments about losing money, not being a good investment, saving rolls or unopened boxes etc., etc. - are missing the point. For the money, a set like this is still fun. If you want to make money, don't "invest" in Sac Dollars - it's that simple. But, if you want to collect for your own satisfaction and pleasure, this is a good series to start doing just that.

There's no law that says you have to get every coin graded, or that every coin has to be MS-69+, and there's no law that says you can't upgrade from sight, using your own eyeballs as the "grading standard". You actually learn more when you hone your own grading skills and your own criteria.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll take mine in real gold as per what has been proposed.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    Here is one struck over a Massachusetts State Quarter:

Not mine, but I sure wish it was! Amazing detail of the host coin

Insane! That is an awesome error!

There are a lot of great Sacagawea errors out there! I wonder who the big collectors are?

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was never able to find the one I liked.

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few sets going. If you bust open the rolls, I could use a few for my album, depending on the year/MM!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file