Home Sports Talk
Options

What girls sport can you watch ?

1970s1970s Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the life of me I can not sit down to watch any girls sports. Tennis, golf, etc. etc.

The only time I can watch girls compete is during the Olympics. Other then that, they never get my attention.

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2018 4:35AM

I don't actively seek out the ladies sports, but I will watch any running event, gymnastics and skating.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

College basketball. After failing to walk on as a basketball player in college, I ended up playing on both the men's and women's scout teams. The women played much better team basketball with far less emphasis on individual athleticism.

Robb

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

College softball , college basketball, volleyball and tennis

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

My girlfriend is huge into Olympic Gymnastics, I found myself actually enjoying that. Outside of that I can’t think of anything else

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Tennis and volleyball :p

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that women's tennis with their many extended volleys during the game, etc, is actually more enjoyable to watch than men's tennis.

• Options

Do you count hot dog eating as a sport? Then yes
    Do you count Victoria's Secret shows? Then yes

Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like watching womens golf more than mens golf.
    Which isn't saying much, both are kind of a snooze fest.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mud wrestling.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

with my daughter playing volleyball, I have learned to like watching it, even at the 9th grade level. Watching the JV and varsity teams play is much more entertaining, as those girls have skills and power.

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Tennis is less painful to watch than other sports.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tennis and Basketball for sure.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoy women's tennis - when it's not overwhelmed by screeching and yelling. When it's easier to focus on just the tennis, I like watching it.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

LPGA (Rankin is a much better commentator than anyone they have on the mens side), olympic and beach volleyball (Winifer Fernandez anyone?), used to watch a fair bit of tennis and got back into it a bit during the US Open

• Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Canada vs United States playing for gold at the olympics.

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll watch ladies Olympic events, the WUSA soccer team in Women's World Cups, etc., Seattle Storm WNBA, and some college sports (normally only during national tourneys and normally only my alma mater UCLA). Having two daughters has increased my viewership (esp. in person) somewhat as they enjoy going to the games.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tennis and mma

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Anything with lindsey vonn

• Options

Mud wrestling..

Retired Disabled Vet (Army). Corps of Engineers.