Home Q & A Forum
Options

Penny errors?

Not much of a collector but I have 2 pennies that I’m curious if they are worth anything or just junk. One is a 1960 D penny that from what I’ve found might be some sort of clipped planchet? The other is a 1969 D penny that appears to be the No FG/ floating roof variant. Neither are in too good condition. Thanks for the help

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like pmd and someone ground the begeezus off the cent. Use the Google on the other one, lots of Lincoln varieties and error info for you to find. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018 2:14PM

Agree with the above.

My advice: keep looking but don't over-scrutinize the coins. The trick to finding stuff is, in my opinion, volume. You won't find more errors by looking more closely at your coins, you will find more errors by looking at more coins. :p

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Touche! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall