Home Precious Metals

9Fine Mint Silver Bars???

ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 9, 2018 9:03AM in Precious Metals

I'm about to make a 1000+ oz buy and noticed that Apmex has these new 9Fine bars as their lowest price silver bars. I usually buy Sunshine Silver bars and like to keep my stack uniform, but, at $2-3 difference ($200-300) do you think they would sell at the same price down the road when I cash out?

Seems odd they put that much into the packaging?

https://www.apmex.com/product/156274/10-oz-silver-bar-9fine-mint

Positive BST Transactions with:
Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
Tagged:

Comments

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its an apmex product thus the lowest cost. I haven't had any come into the shop yet, but would consider them generic 10 oz bars. Which to me is the best buy, Sunshine has a nice product, you pay more for the pretty stuff. With you wanting 1000+ oz I would save premium and get more oz's. In the long run how much premium would you get back from the Sunshine bars when time comes to sell?

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

If your goal is strictly to accumulate ounces that will be liquid when you want to cash out, you should buy the lowest premium bars as long as they are readily identifiable as bars from a known and reliable manufacturer.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it !!! :)

Timbuk3