Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Bcw vs ultra pro

What is the difference between the two

Comments

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're inquiring about the difference between their 9 pocket pages, I'm overly partial to the ultra pro platinum series pages. I can't overstate how much I prefer them to any other brand of pages.

I can't really say I've had a whole lot of experience with BCW pages, other than picking up a few sets or star lots that were in albums that happened to have the BCW pages already in use. They appeared cloudy and not as durable as the ultra pro platinum. Perhaps, like ultra pro, BCW has different levels of quality in their pages, and these maybe were the lower end BCW line. The ultra pro platinum pages will make your cards pop, especially the older cards that were on the gray cardboard stock. They are exceptionally clear, yet at the same time, also seem to hide a lot of flaws, including any spider creases or front wax/gum stains.

As far as albums/binders go, I'm partial to the BCW brand. I like the illustrated design and text font on their albums versus the graphics layout and look of the ultra pro albums. So, ultra pro platinum pages in BCW albums, for me.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

ultra pro platinum for me.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

I'm all for ultra pro platinum, having said that however I just bought 2 BCW boxes to round up a toploader & storage box order.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?