Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Barbados On the Run - 1983 100 Dollars Unc. Just Sold

Wow, this just sold at Heritage for 2640 USD net (not my coin, sale or buy). It is up a cool 1k in 5 years.
I think this is the type of result that really is buoying up the later Franklin Mint issue actual COINS, not medals and other junk.
Also, a close inspection at least IMO shows excellent engraving quality and actual coin. I have it in proof, not as valuable and like it quite a lot.
Anyway, point being these are very real coins that obviously are enjoying an expanding collecting base. As a collector, I don't like it as much because now each purchase price is higher, but overall I feel that these are coins that are being rediscovered.

https://modernpreciouscoin.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Barbdos1983100Dollars_Sm.png

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
Well, just Love coins, period.

Comments

• Options
    ElmhurstElmhurst Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

I have a Bahamas indpendance set from 1973, hope it does something more than bullion now

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, no. For the most part, silver and gold from the '70s is stuck at about bullion. These later date 1983-85 FM coins are generally very scarce to very rare and seem to be the ones garnering the most interest.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    Sadly, no. For the most part, silver and gold from the '70s is stuck at about bullion. These later date 1983-85 FM coins are generally very scarce to very rare and seem to be the ones garnering the most interest.

Maybe they melted many of the gold and silver coins from the 1970’s ??

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

No doubt. They do seem more available than the later issues despite that.