Home Sports Talk
Options

At 41 and going strong, Tom Brady awaits a 19th season

stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.yahoo.com/news/41-going-strong-tom-brady-awaits-19th-season-210129432--spt.html

At 41 and going strong, Tom Brady awaits a 19th season

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — He's 41 now but the joy is still there for Tom Brady.

"It's a blessing to be able to do it," the New England quarterback said Friday as he awaits his 19th NFL season with Sunday's home game against the Houston Texans. "I love playing football. I love the sport and I've been doing it for a long time so I'm not sure what life would be like without it."

This is the guy who stinking Nike should have used for their spokesperson. Perhaps Brady has been used in that capacity before, I'm not sure.

In any event, I sincerely wish Brady good luck for the upcoming season.

Heck, I'd love to see a rematch of the Eagles and Patriots in the Super Bowl.

However if the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl, and the Patriots don't, well then that would be fine. ;)

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Steve, I’d love a rematch as well but this time obviously I’d hope for a different outcome but at the end of the day us Pats fans are happy and satisfied with 5 rings, see that 5th ring was the last thing needed to snuff out any grumblings of people thinking that Montana was better, now there is absolutely zero debate- theoreticaly, scientifically, and without possibility of anyone being better than Tom Brady. He has been crowned the BEST QB ever. Thanks B)

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Thanks Steve, I’d love a rematch as well but this time obviously I’d hope for a different outcome but at the end of the day us Pats fans are happy and satisfied with 5 rings, see that 5th ring was the last thing needed to snuff out any grumblings of people thinking that Montana was better, now there is absolutely zero debate- theoreticaly, scientifically, and without possibility of anyone being better than Tom Brady. He has been crowned the BEST QB ever. Thanks B)

One thing for sure, the remarkably successful run of Belichick and Brady will be remembered for a very long time.

I have no doubt that 100 years from now, the Belichick and Brady legacy will still be discussed as one of the greatest sports teams of all time.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steve, I doubt Brady would have gone with Nike had they asked when he's been an Under Armour guy for years.

@perkdog said:

Now he needs that 6th ring to match the Steelers total and if by chance he does get #6,you just know he'll want to go after #7 before he calls it a day.....Damn Eagles ;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Steve, I doubt Brady would have gone with Nike had they asked when he's been an Under Armour guy for years.

@perkdog said:

Now he needs that 6th ring to match the Steelers total and if by chance he does get #6,you just know he'll want to go after #7 before he calls it a day.....Damn Eagles ;)

Only 7? Come on now. Unless Brady gets to an even 10 rings, many Patriots fans will consider him a failure. ;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

Yea, Brady had to be signed with some company, i just didn't know which one.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

Only 7? Come on now. Unless Brady gets to an even 10 rings, many Patriots fans will consider him a failure. ;)

Any failure on NE's part for not winning 10 SBs with Brady as QB will be all Bill Belichick's fault. For every additional season that Brady plays into his mid to late 40's we'll see Belichick finding new ways to sabotage that season. B)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

Any failure on NE's part for not winning 10 SBs with Brady as QB will be all Bill Belichick's fault. For every additional season that Brady plays into his mid to late 40's we'll see Belichick finding new ways to sabotage that season. B)

Well, we shall see what the future brings.

In any event, pretty amazing that a 65 year old head coach with a 41 year old QB coming off a Super Bowl loss which normally means a team under-performs the next season, are favored by the books to win the upcoming Super Bowl.

Although the Patriots are a very mild favorite. Basically, it's wide open this season for a number of teams to win it.

Should be a very interesting season.

• Options

There's good reason though why they're the favorite to win the SB again and honestly I don't put tp much stock into that SB loser trend when BB & Brady are involved. As long as BB & Brady are leading the Pats I expect them to be the favorites who are more than likely playing in the AFC Championship game at least. I don't put too much faith in most of the AFC teams this season but the NFC looks to be loaded so even if NE makes it past the AFCCG the SB won't be no cakewalk.

I can't wait for tomorrow's Pats game but I think they'll have their hands full trying to stop Deshaun Watson. Bill O'Brien & the Texans have had all of training camp to prepare for this Pats game and I'd be really surprised if they didn't run the RPO offense all game knowing NE has a very hard time stopping it. Three of NE's losses last season were games where KC,Carolina & Philly RPO'd them to death and if it weren't for a Brady to Cooks game winning TD with :20 seconds left vs Houston,it would have been 4 losses to RPO teams.

• Options

Bill O'Brien helped bring Penn State football back from the abyss in their darkest hour, and Penn State fans will always fondly remember him for that.

This Sunday game is a tough call. Sometimes the "Super Bowl loss angle" thing doesn't kick-in until a few games into the season for various reasons. But I think you're right, with Belichick constantly replenishing his team with fresh players who can play, that negative angle may not kick-in for them. We shall see.