Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Starts Thursday

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know about anyone else but I look forward to this time of year more than anything. My father was an original member of the Buffalo Bills Booster club began in 1959. He instilled the love of the game in me from the time I could walk. I remember many many times eating breakfast at Your Host on Main Street and walking to the Rock Pile on a crisp Fall Sunday morning or through the snow in the dead of winter. Die hard fan barely described him and he passed that to me since 1963. Winning or losing they are MY team. Every year is the year and every year is wait till next year. Go Bills. This is the year!!! Well maybe.

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be an interesting game on Thursday night.

I'm expecting Foles to play well, and I think the Eagles win the game.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

First game was Dallas vs Washington at the Cotton Bowl late December 1969.

I still follow the college game but the NFL makes my stomach hurt.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    First game was Dallas vs Washington at the Cotton Bowl late December 1969.

I still follow the college game but the NFL makes my stomach hurt.

you gotta get a post in everywhere stressing how you dont watch but you are right on top of every little scandal . :D

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't, can't. Too long, too pink, too powder puff, too many tats and dreads. Kneeling is off the charts. Replays have destroyed any remaining spontaneity.

College has some of those traits but still watchable and way more exciting, especially when Harbaugh gets clobbered.

I will always follow sports on the net, in the newspaper and from you esteemed fellows on the net.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always love this time of year, I’m looking forward to the NFL and Cool weather. Don’t get me wrong I will be complaining about the snow and brutal cold weather eventually even though I’m the biggest complainer about 90+ degree heat lol. I don’t have high hopes for the Pats this season, in fact I’m more looking forward to seeing how they are going to address the spots Brady era.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go Falcons!!!

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to football season as well! I'll root for the Falcons tomorrow as I'm still butt-hurt from the whooping the Eagles put on the Vikes in the NFC championship last year :s

Daniel
  • Options

@stevek said:

He sure didn't look very good in the preseason. But that's all it is, preseason.
    I think it will take a few games to kick off the rust. I look for a low score again.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@stevek said:

He sure didn't look very good in the preseason. But that's all it is, preseason.
    I think it will take a few games to kick off the rust. I look for a low score again.

And Foles got admonshished for it from Pederson, similar way that sometimes Belichick does it to Brady.

I'll be very surprised if Foles has a bad game.

• Options

I think Philly is going to handle Atlanta, I don’t think they will be very good this year. As far as Foles goes I think he will play well enough to warrant him to stay as the starter till Wentz mends up.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I think Philly is going to handle Atlanta, I don’t think they will be very good this year. As far as Foles goes I think he will play well enough to warrant him to stay as the starter till Wentz mends up.

If Foles plays the entire season, i have my doubts about the Eagles getting back to the Super Bowl.

Carson Wentz truly is a remarkable QB, and considering his age and talent, there's no way I would trade him for any other QB in the league, and I don't believe it's even a debatable point.

That being said, he got injured and the future is uncertain. i mean his next ACL tear could end his career.

Then again, Philly sports is due for an extended run of good luck, so hopefully Wentz can stay healthy for at least a decade or more, and we can rack-up a good number of Super Bowl victories.

It would give me much joy to kick the Patriot's arse again and again and again in upcoming Super Bowls.

• Options

Oh my god I’m not even suggesting trading Wentz, I’m talking about Foles starting until Wentz is fully healed.

• Options

@perkdog said:

By the way, a very strong historical trend, is the team that loses the Super Bowl, usually underachieves the following season. Not always in the beginning of the season i've noticed, but they seem to run out of gas around 4 or 5 games into the new season and under-perform overall. There are solid reasons and factors behind this trend.

That 2008 season you always bring up without Brady. That happened to be a season coming off a Super Bowl loss. So historically because of what I just mentioned, there were more factors in play there to the Patriots not making the playoffs or getting to the Super Bowl besides just because Brady wasn't the QB that season.

• Options

Op is a Bills fan ? I haven't been paying attention what did they do in the offseason? I still say I liked Tyrod Taylor :|

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah once Brady went down in the first half in week one of 2008,the playoffs were a longshot and a trip to the SB had no chance of happening, especially with a QB who hadn't started a single football game(college or pro) since high school.
    I'm not saying NE is getting to the SB this year but you gotta throw out any trends when BB & Brady are involved. I know us Pats like commenting here that the sky is falling here in NE but this team was one Brady fumble away from possible winning back to back SBs and 3 in 4 years. Their offense this season might take a step back but their defense is expected to be much better than last year's defense. I still see them at 13-3/12-4 while competing for a top seed.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek ….are you ready for some Football!! I've had my Pizza and getting myself a Strawberry Daquari.(sp)

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess real men drink strawberry daiquiris after all

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

I might drink Strawberry Daquaris if I could afford a full-time chef and bartender like Dimeman has.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    @stevek ….are you ready for some Football!! I've had my Pizza and getting myself a Strawberry Daquari.(sp)

I've been ready since about a week after the Eagles won the Super Bowl. :)

• Options
    edited September 6, 2018 4:54PM

@Justacommeman said:

m

LOL....I like them and a good wine or a multitude of mixed drinks. ;)

• Options

Oh Boy...…….a weather delay and some punk crap non-music! :s Thank goodness for the mute button!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

LOL....I like them and a good wine or a multitude of mixed drinks. ;)

That's cool.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

I've had my Pizza and getting myself a Strawberry Daquari.(sp)

i'll be over for pizza & dacqries & the game, but if you and dimewoman leave the room and i hear anything that remotely resembles a spanking noise, i'm hightailing it outta there

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I've had my Pizza and getting myself a Strawberry Daquari.(sp)

i'll be over for pizza & dacqries & the game, but if you and dimewoman leave the room and i hear anything that remotely resembles a spanking noise, i'm hightailing it outta there

When Dimewoman is bad she is very bad. ;)>:)B)

• Options

Is there an actual rain delay in the game? Is this baseball? During the dead air maybe Philly can retire Malcom Butlers number , he won super bowls for two teams in a 3 year span.

• Options

Severe weather warning?? Really Steve? Your teams city has to have bad weather??? WTH

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    Is there an actual rain delay in the game? Is this baseball? During the dead air maybe Philly can retire Malcom Butlers number , he won super bowls for two teams in a 3 year span.

He can only get credit for the Atlanta Win, The Philly Win was all Belichek ;)

• Options

They keep saying everybody should keep hydrated...……...so I am! :o:)B)

• Options

Wow....the bad calls count was bigger than the score! Let's put the QB's in a dress!

I need more hydration!

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rumor is you can only butt-slap QBs now...no tackling, for example. Anything else is 15 yards the other way.

Welcome to the NFL, 2018 Edition!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Philly's D was magnificent

Did Atlanta have any other receivers on the field besides Jones?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    Op is a Bills fan ? I haven't been paying attention what did they do in the offseason? I still say I liked Tyrod Taylor :|

Oh I'm so glad Taylor is gone. True professional, didn't turn the ball over. But I'm so tired of watching 3 years of check downs and scrambles for 4 yards on 3rd and 9. Buffalo got into the playoffs because the defense caused a bunch of turnovers in the first 6 games. It won't be pretty this year but as always I'll be watching.

W.C.Fields