Home Sports Talk
Options

My very classy friend

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

A bit on the personal side here, but, perhaps you have friends like this as well...so refreshing!!

So, I'm a pretty big Red Sox fan, as is my buddy. A few months ago we discussed going to a game here in Atlanta, which is now. So, he works for a company that has 4 season tix. We had decided on tonight's game, vs either of the 2 day games for various reasons. So, he tells me a few weeks ago that he has tix to tonight's game and offers me 2 of the 4. I invite a friend from my neighborhood to go.

I get a call this AM from my buddy sounding stressed. He had the 4 tix ok, but they were for yesterday's game! He specifically asked for tonight's game, but obviously there was a mixup. So...my buddy pops for FOUR tix in Section 137, much better than his company's season tix in Section 322.

We are now 18 rows directly behind the Red Sox dugout, and all I have to do is buy him a hot dog and a beer.

Classsy guy!

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good stuff for a good guy! Enjoy it AL! Have a beer for me

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Paul. Seats were better than expected. Weather a bit humid, but that's Atlanta in the Summer. Was surrounded by lots of Red Sox fans, who often times chanted "let's go Red Sox". Nice to see the win at 5-1...too many LOBs I thought. It was nice to see all the players in person that we all watch on tv.

Beer was ccccold, seats were free...and the scenery was "Perkie-like". B), SUPERB actually. B)B) . And of course good to renew my friendship with my buddy.

Let's hope they can keep on rolling!

Al

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!! I’m happy you had a great time Al! Cheers my friend

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Decades ago, I had a friend who knew the family of a KC MLB pitcher and got tickets to an Orioles game in old Memorial Stadium. When we got there we found out the tix were about 15 rows directly behind home plate! Pitching for the O's that day was Steve Stone and it was the year he won the Cy Young Award, so he was on top of his game. It was one of the few times I ever got to see head-on the actual movement of the ball as the pitch came in toward the batter.