Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Questions about PSA MK qualifier

I am thinking about purchased a vintage card which is graded PSA 3.5. The back of the card there are three numbers written on card. The grader would have had to been blind to have missed them. I want to know when card is send in to be graded, if the submitter says no qualifiers, if the card has marks on it, does the card have to say (MK) or is it not placed in grade because he said no qualifiers? And does this mean the card may have received a grade maybe two grades higher? Thanks.

PackManInNC

Comments

• dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

could've sworn I saw that MK is the only qualifier they have to include if theres a reason to, even if no qualifier was selected. but I could be wrong.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Posting a photo of card might help us here. If that's not an option,you might want to ask PSA directly.

I am assuming the card would have graded about a 5.5 and the original submitter requested no qualifiers. PSA then lowered the grade. I think PSA can decide to return the card ungraded if they don't want to slab it with no qualifiers, but I am not sure.

PSA can miss things, especially on the back. You will have to decide what you think the grade is if you can't show the card here.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

PackManInNC
  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Picture posted

PackManInNC
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

front pic would be nice too

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was always under the impression that a card with a qualifier couldn't get a half grade, but unsure how they'd handle a card that had been graded with a request of no qualifiers. In other words, I don't believe a 5.5(MK) is possible. I would venture to say that the card either ended up in a label with a human/mechanical error, or the grader completely whiffed on this one and didn't see the written numbers. I've learned with the Yount puddle/no puddle discussion to never assume that something on the card obvious to me is obvious to everyone else, also.

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

with those corners there is no way the card would ever have been a 5.5. i would go with that they missed it.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's