Home Sports Talk
Options

Tennis fans..John McEnroe movie in theaters.

garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 30, 2018 11:27PM in Sports Talk

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just remember him having such an aggressive attitude, I’m shocked nobody gave him a backhander across his mouth. He was a tennis player not an NFL LB. He was a great player though

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was a brat and he was great

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

One of the greatest of all time, he was unstoppable in 84. One of his only 3 losses that year was the French Open to Lendl.

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@waxman2745 said:
    One of the greatest of all time, he was unstoppable in 84. One of his only 3 losses that year was the French Open to Lendl.

Lendl wasn't too bad either. The guy could hit a forehand winner down the line on a dead run!

• Options

Anyone see this movie yet? Man I miss the days of Mac and Connors, and Borg, and Lendl.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@garnettstyle said:
    Anyone see this movie yet? Man I miss the days of Mac and Connors, and Borg, and Lendl.

I looked and it is not at the theater near me! :/ Hope to see it someday. Johnny Mac was something special! Although the officials didn't care for him at the time. ;)B)

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

theres some movie about McEnroe on Hulu . Hulu tells me about it every time I log in.

• Options

@waxman2745 said:

Tennis channel recently has a series called 'The Ten.' Last week it was the ten greatest years of all time by a player. McEnroe's 1984 season was #6. Jimmy Connors 1974 year was at #5. He was 99-4 that year and won 15 tournaments with 3 grand slam championships.. A shame he chose to play world team tennis that year and skipped the French open. He could've been even higher on the list. Margaret Court's 1970 was #4. Martina Navratilova's 1983 was #3...she only lost one match that year. Rod Laver's 1969 season was #2. And Steffi Graf's 1988 year was ranked the best year by a player in history as she won the GOLDEN SLAM. The only player in history to accomplish the feat.