Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Advice selling complete set on eBay

I've been selling on eBay for 15 years, have a 700+ feedback at 100%. Selling individual or multiple cards no problems, my concerns are selling a 609 card set worth 6-7K.

What can be done to ensure the buyer won't rip me off once he has the cards then says most of the cards are missing or whatever.

I'd sell only to buyer with a 100 or more feedback score at 100%, any other ideas how I can protect myself ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would look into having Greg Morris sell it as a set break. It may cost a few more dollars vs your eBay seller fees but he would likely get more selling the cards individually and he does all the work. BTW -what is the set?

Daniel
  • Options
    bowlaramabowlarama Posts: 169 ✭✭

This ^^^

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Probably a 67 Topps baseball set. A nice high grade would be in that price range and it has 609 cards.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great question. I am assuming this is an ungraded set.

In general if I think a card or set is going to go above 2K I use PWCC or another AH for that exact piece of mind you described. I know I am leaving some money on the table but after having an ebay coin transaction go bad around 8 years ago that cost me thousands of dollars it's the only way to go for me.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Mickey MaysMickey Mays Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

@Cakes said:
    Great question. I am assuming this is an ungraded set.

In general if I think a card or set is going to go above 2K I use PWCC or another AH for that exact piece of mind you described. I know I am leaving some money on the table but after having an ebay coin transaction go bad around 8 years ago that cost me thousands of dollars it's the only way to go for me.

Mostly ungraded, also 50 PSA graded stars and HOF'ers.

Thanks for you input.

Tony

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

Some advice I’d give would be..

A. Don’t block under 100 score buyers. I’ve had plenty of newby buyers bid high and pay with no problems!

B. When you do get paid transfer the money right away to your bank. If there is a problem and you feel you are getting scammed at least you have the money no matter what.

Good luck!

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

Greg Morris