Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Which RC do you personally prefer~ the card grade, player and value completely aside just the issue?

MLBdaysMLBdays Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 16, 2019 10:03AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I am traditionalist and so I like a RC that has the baseball players rookie stats for that year and then his total career stats as the very same.... And so I really prefer the Topps Heritage RC red ink vs. the RC that precedes his real rookie year by 3 years or so. What do you guys think?

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea of value of either and between these two, the Heritage.

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pinstripes!

Although I do not like the red ink autographs.

Steve

• I've always thought '68 Topps was one of the ugliest sets ever... Why they'd want to reproduce it is beyond me.

DesertIceSports.Com

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heritage

Andy

• Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

Bowman, just not a huge fan of the red ink

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since Topps can't come up with anything original and has to copy previous designs,
    the Bowman Chrome is my choice.

Topps, those days are done. Get over it and live in the present. You're not as great as you think you are.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

I dig both of those two cards a lot B) .

For the guys that I collect heavily, having both red ink RCs and 1st Bowman chrome autos is always the goal if possible.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Well, neither is a basecard, so I can't even say either is a RC, as I think one is an insert, the other a parallel. But I'd go bowman.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bowman.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heritage my a mile

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Heritage for me. I prefer the Blue Ink though personally. Not as limited but the ink pops much more.

• wadevlwadevl Posts: 224 ✭✭✭

Chrome
    MO

Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
    https://www.ebay.com/str/bigleagueseller
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

Heritage without the autograph. Stop writing on cards, everyone.

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting that the first name in his signature became more elaborate from 2013 to 2017; it seems that usually that goes in the other direction as players grow weary of signing their names over and over and decide to simplify it up a bit.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's wild about his sig. His first one looks easy to duplicate.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.