Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Philadelphia Sportscard & Memorabilia Show - any good?

I believe they have this show 2-3 times a year. I'm considering going in September. If anyone has gone in the past, can you provide feedback? Worth going to, what do dealers have, etc? It looks like it may be around 100 tables, tops, based ob the floor layout.

Daniel

Comments

• Options

In case some haven't heard... The September Philly show has been moved from the Valley Forge Convention Center to the Convention Center at the Oaks (not far away)... This is due to massive flooding from a storm a few weeks ago... The underground room where the show has been held forever was flooded to the point that it couldn't possibly be ready for the September show.
    The September show will be a lot smaller than normal, because the only room available on such short notice is around 50% of the size of the Valley Forge room... Check out their website, phillyshow.com... Looks like fewer than 100 tables at this one.
    With that said, it is a good show... Lots of vintage, memorabilia, autographs, new stuff, etc... Definitely worth attending, especially when it gets back to the bigger room.

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up regarding the change in venue. I've attended this show a number of times and found it worthwhile - I drive 1 hour and 40 minutes each way to get there. I've had pretty good luck with 1960's football there from a few dealers. It's a big enough show it takes ~3 hours to walk through and dig at a few tables and talk with a few dealers - but not too big that you feel overwhelmed by everything to see.

Also I enjoy going to Philly and wearing my Dallas Cowboys gear - I'm no fair weather fan. :) The frowns and stares warm my heart.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up. I attend 1 or 2 times a year. It's not bad. I find some pretty good deals. Sometimes.

Andy

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

Worth it!

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

It's normally a fantastic show, arguably one of the best on the east coast (other than the National). But, I heard that there will only be 75 tables at this upcoming September show, so I'm not sure it is worth going to until it goes back to its usual location in Valley Forge.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for all the replies! I think I may just wait until December (I hear it will be back at the regular location by then) and get the benefit of the full show. Good to know it will be worth going to.

Daniel
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

The admission price was also chopped in half. It's usually $8. I see $4 now.

Andy

• Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭

I typically attend all 3 every year. Not worth flying in for, but if you are within a 2 hour drive, I'd definitely check it out,