Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New ebay listing are not going live ... system bug? .... Update: Bug Fixed

ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 29, 2018 12:46PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I listed a bunch of items yesterday and last night, none of which are live.

Ebay community does say there is a problem.

Hope it gets fixed while the 10% ebucks is in effect.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2018 6:55AM

listed a bunch at midnight, no problems.

There is however, always a delay for new listings to show up in search results.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Greatest marketplace in the entire world!

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Greatest marketplace in the entire world!

Absolutely, For sure. No doubt.

Things Happen out of my control, move on.

Use eBay to your advantage and not fight it.

• Options

I am awaiting a call back

Items are on my selling hub but not searches.

This one is in my hub, But when I search the number, no results ...

• Options

I called and they finally admitted there is a system bug.

You NEED to call and have your account be put on a "bug ticket"

• Options

When your Ebay sales..
    Are quieter than a cricket..
    Call the rep in Shanghai ..
    And demand a bug ticket!

Arachnid Shave

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    When your Ebay sales..
    Are quieter than a cricket..
    Call the rep in Shanghai ..
    And demand a bug ticket!

Arachnid Shave

I do not know about you, but my ebay sales are thru the roof.

Huge growth in my business this year.

What are you doing wrong?

• Options

No complaints here. MAGA is working!!

• Options

Wow, you went there, nice and childish.

I can admit true things about Trump which seems impossible for right wing nuts to admit about Obama.

Yes, the economy under Donald J Trump Has done fantastic in the last 1 year and 9 months. I have made quite a bit of cash from the great economy.

I also know it is impossible for the right wing nuts to admit that there was very good growth under Obama. Fact is, just look at a TEN year DJIA Stock Chart. Fact.

Back to Trump, Did you KNOW that Two things can be TRUE at the same time??????

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

I can admit true things about Trump which seems impossible for right wing nuts to admit about Obama.

Yes, the economy under Donald J Trump Has done fantastic in the last 1 year and 9 months. I have made quite a bit of cash from the great economy.

I also know it is impossible for the right wing nuts to admit that there was very good growth under Obama. Fact is, just look at a TEN year DJIA Stock Chart. Fact.

PLEASE, PLEASE show me any evidence of collusion by the Trump campaign!! In this almost two year witch hunt there has not been one piece of evidence that shows any collusion.

• Options

@MorganMan94 said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

PLEASE, PLEASE show me any evidence of collusion by the Trump campaign!! In this almost two year witch hunt there has not been one piece of evidence that shows any collusion.

I did not say a thing , I just showed a photo of a handshake, what are you talking about?

• Options
    edited August 29, 2018 9:47AM

Back to the information at hand .... It is still not working for me and many others.

Please Note:

That the above off railed posts were started by a well-known troll.

A troll who was banned and got a new handle to troll more.

This troll lives to throw off an informative discussion by throwing in bombs.

This troll cherishes his post count.

• Options
    edited August 29, 2018 10:32AM

Still not working.

Someone please try this link, which should work ... https://ebay.com/itm/232908594884

Now take the item number 232908594884 and put in the search box with zero results, on my computer anyway. Really weird.

My normal search results won't find my items as well. Very few new items from other sellers showing up.

Really wanted these items in the 10% ebucks promo.

Hope they fix it soon.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i just tried sending a message to a e bay member about a question on one of my listings. the message never went through, it said it had a phone number or e mail in message and it had neither, nothing even close, never seen anything like that before

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    Still not working.

Hope they fix it soon.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    Still not working.

Hope they fix it soon.

I do agree, however, every single item is unique and for my BIN inventory.

No worries as I am working on building inventory at the moment.

All will sell in time, for sure.

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Of course :D

• Options
    edited August 29, 2018 12:00PM

@U1chicago said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Of course :D

Awesome you used a fact.

I love your response, it is perfect!

Thank you.

This is EXACTLY the way we should approach a discussion on any topic. Pure FACT based discussions using PROVABLE Facts and No opinions of FACT unless stated as IMO.

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    Still not working.

Someone please try this link, which should work ... https://ebay.com/itm/232908594884

Now take the item number 232908594884 and put in the search box with zero results, on my computer anyway. Really weird.

My normal search results won't find my items as well. Very few new items from other sellers showing up.

Hope they fix it soon.

That link works for me.

• Options
    edited August 29, 2018 10:58AM

@U1chicago said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    Still not working.

Hope they fix it soon.

That link works for me.

yes the link works.

try the item number 232908594884 in the search box on ebay, that is not working nor a search in the error section

• Options

that item number shows 0 results under my account

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@U1chicago said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    Still not working.

Hope they fix it soon.

That link works for me.

yes the link works.

try the item number 232908594884 in the search box on ebay, that is not working nor a search in the error section

Yep you’re right. Neither the item number nor a search (typing in words from the item title) brings up the item.

• Options

Doesn't come up for me either.

• Options
    edited August 29, 2018 12:16PM

Thanks guys.

My view on this item skyrocketed just now while the views on the other 16 newly listed items remain at zero.

Hope they fix it.

• Options

They promise to by Christmas.

https://youtu.be/MkcBy-fNXUY

• Options
    edited August 29, 2018 12:44PM

xxx

• Options

BST is your friend.

• Options
    edited August 29, 2018 12:18PM

True, I use it all the time, sorry If I offend.

To be relevant to the OP, I thought to offer these two cool errors to the members here while the general public will not see them and to be able to use the 10% ebucks might be of some interest for someone here.

The other 14 remain dark with zero views including a 1969 D Double Struck Double Date Lincon Cent Error ;)

• Options

They are just now 16 hours later starting to show up.

Weirdest Bug for me in 19 years on ebay

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

232908594884 works for me: 1974 Double Struck Both Off Center Clashed Die Mint Error Rainbow Toned Wow!!!
    Multiple accounts and browsers.

Strange that no daily deals from the Big A though. Want to earn some 10% ebay bucks

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

Wow, LOL ok all showing up.

You know what sucks, the coins are on page 8 and 9 of the search results ...... :#

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    BST is your friend.

Sure, cuz you guys are all the higher buyers. All the bids I see on BST are at wholesale+ numbers.

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    232908594884 works for me: 1974 Double Struck Both Off Center Clashed Die Mint Error Rainbow Toned Wow!!!
    Multiple accounts and browsers.

Strange that no daily deals from the Big A though. Want to earn some 10% ebay bucks

I assumed you bought them out.

• Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok enough spamming the board on this one. :)

Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2018 12:44PM

Not Spam, but Info

Here is some useful info ...

I just searched "my" category and had to go back 17 pages before I recognized something.

I would suggest you go to your category right now if you have one.

• Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some info some spam as usual. Oh I have a category. Just not boasting how great I sell on eBay all the time.
    I am not a so called hot shot dealer on eBay. Like some folks we see. :)

Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options

@stman said:
    Some info some spam as usual. Oh I have a category. Just not boasting how great I sell on eBay all the time.

OH, sorry the boasting while true was a direct response to the troll who always bashes ebay.

I was not trying to brag.

Just questioning why someone constantly bashes ebay when it works so well.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Coinstartled said:
    BST is your friend.

Sure, cuz you guys are all the higher buyers. All the bids I see on BST are at wholesale+ numbers.

My implication was that BST is where one should post their items for sale, not on this forum. No real rules here any longer so what the hell.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@stman said:

OH, sorry the boasting while true was a direct response to the troll who always bashes ebay.

I was not trying to brag.

Just questioning why someone constantly bashes ebay when it works so well.

Please let me know if you plan on listing any non error gold in non bullion category. Anything ASE or pre 33 US gold is always best. Not finding anything from the big boys in the daily deal pages. Very strange. Thanks.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Coinstartled said:
    BST is your friend.

My implication was that BST is where one should post their items for sale, not on this forum. No real rules here any longer so what the hell.

Oh. Fair enough. I thought you were suggesting BST vs. eBay. I retract my complaint about all the cheapskates on the Board. :wink:

• Options

the big boys got wiped out a few weeks ago selling the $20 st gaudens ms-63's and the $20 liberty gold ms-62 just over spot. I contributed to the wipeout :p

• Options
    edited August 29, 2018 1:49PM

@Coinstartled said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Coinstartled said:
    BST is your friend.

Coinstartled, instead of being an ebay self-defeatest,

Why do you not try just a little self-promotion instead?

To be Factual .....

1) The OP was started about a real bug on ebay.

2) You made numerous snarky comments that were irrelevant to the issue at hand.

3) To show an example, I posted a link and at the same time said the number itself did not work

4) After more snarky remarks with no useful info, I posted two links that were not live which have since been removed after they went live.

5) I do thank you for all the useful information that you contributed to this thread as always

• Options

I just ended the 16 auctions from last night that where sent to page 8 of the results.

I just relisted them now and they are showing up on page one at no cost as the 500 free listing is still in effect.

Anyone else with the same problem should do the same IMO.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file