Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What happened to this 1920 Canada small cent?

I was thinking struck thru but I'm usually wrong.

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 29, 2018 4:47AM

Looks like a scratch to me. Surprised it straight graded. But then again I'm usually wrong too.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on what I see - appears to be a small thin strip of bronze like a metal shaving that was struck through on the coin, some of the metal in the crown fell out at some point while the metal extending out to the T of ET and on through the I of IND remains.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

The damage that extends to the right thru the crown and on thru the letters gives the impression that the strike thru happened to the planchet and the foreign object broke thru on the left. IMO. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    sjcoinssjcoins Posts: 69 ✭✭✭

Thanks you all for all your help