Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Estimating Worth of Old Baseball Signed by multiple HOFs

Hey everyone, my estranged grandfather gave me this baseball a couple years back. He does not really know the history of it, but he had it passed down, and comes from a fairly well-known New York family. It has 22 signatures on it, including Roger Hornsby, Joe Dimaggio, Cy Young, Bump Hadley, Dazzy Vance, Lefty Grove and Paul Waner. There are quite a few more I can't make out. It's yellowed and a bit faded but pretty good condition. I have no immediate plans to sell it, but I also have no idea how much it's worth and would appreciate knowing if it's closer in worth to $500 or $50,000.

Thanks,
Paolo Federico

Comments

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2018 2:29PM

I see the following:

William H. "Bill" Terry
    Gabby Hartnett
    Paul Waner
    Carl Hubbell
    Pie Traynor
    Frank Frisch
    Mickey Cochrane
    Cy Young
    Charlie Gehringer
    Hank Greenberg
    Rogers Hornsby
    Fred Clarke
    Lefty Grove
    Al Simmons
    Joe DiMaggio
    Bump Hadley
    Dazzy Vance
    Joe Cronin
    Ed Walsh
    George Sisler
    Joe McCarthy

Steve

• Thank you, that's really impressive

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

If those are legit autographs, that’s (obviously) an impressive collection of names. Maybe checkout Heritage Auctions to see what some other multi-signed balls with some of these names have gone for. You won’t find an exact match but probably get a ballpark idea of value.

Jim

• SmithAuctionCoSmithAuctionCo Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Very nice HOFer multi-signed baseball. It appears to be 100% authentic from the photos, so I would not worry about authenticity. Most auction houses would estimate it around $1,500 to $3,000. Since it appears to be in great condition, it could do more towards the higher end.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do with it!

• Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.