Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about a PSA Clemente RC I purchased.

It has an (MC) qualifier.
Does PSA use that instead of (OC) because it falls out of their centering standards? I just don't see an evidence of it being mis cut.

Retired Disabled Vet (Army). Corps of Engineers.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

MC is basically extremely OC, to the point where part of another card is showing or part of the card is chopped off. I think the latter is the case here with some of the green around the cartoon on the back showing no border.

• Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

MC is used when a card is so off center that a portion of the card is off the edge. In this case, it appears a thin portion of the back of the card (the green box) may be cut off at the very top.

My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options

I could go either way based upon their stated definitions, but I'd probably call it MC at the end of the day. OC is for when the centering is outside what is allowed for the card's grade. VG3 states 90/10 or better on front and back, and that is 90/10 or "worse". But MC would apply as well, since the centering is extremely off for cards of that issue year. Unlikely OC vs MC matters much at that grade, imo.

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

• Options

@JHS5120 said:
    MC is used when a card is so off center that a portion of the card is off the edge. In this case, it appears a thin portion of the back of the card (the green box) may be cut off at the very top.

I see where you're talking about. The border is all there...barely lol. Under a loop there's no evidence as far as being (MC), but I do agree it's so off centered that they labeled it as such.

It's all good. Thanks guys for the comments!!

Retired Disabled Vet (Army). Corps of Engineers.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

SAS fan-

first and foremost, a multitude of thank yous for your service. second.......it doesn't really matter if MC stands for miscut or master of ceremonies, because a clemente RC is a clemente RC is a clemente RC. it's a transcendent piece of cardboard -- congrats & enjoy the hell out of it. and lastly, sorry about Leonard......he was one of my fav players in all the association, but i'm still perplexed as to what happened to him during that protracted fiasco.