Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Looking for some St. Louis Cardinal cards for a young man battling cancer

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, just wasn't sure where to do it.
I don't typically like to share a lot of personal stuff on the boards that I'm on, like to keep it fun, and about cards. But, I'm looking to pick up some St. Louis Cardinal cards, specifically Yadi and Carlos Martinez stuff.
Some friends of mine, Jon and Jen Self of Springfield, IL have a son Tyler who is 9. I will tell you, this is the strongest kid I have ever met in my life. When he was 3, he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma. He battled that for 2-3 years and beat it. It was a tough road for the family but we all thought he was in the clear. Things were good and got back to normal. This past February, he was diagnosed with leukemia and the outlook wasn't good. They gave him about a month. Obviously this news was a shock and completely devastating. As a parent, I can't begin to imagine what they were going through, or any other parent of a child with cancer. He began chemo and then underwent a bone marrow transplant. After his release from the hospital in St. Louis, they spent 3 months living there so he would be close for appointments, etc. He was recently released to come back home to Springfield and things are looking positive at this point but he is a little limited in what he can do or people he can be around, etc...at this point. He is a big Cardinals fan(why I have no idea, lol) and his favorite players are Carlos Martinez and Yadier Monlina. I'm tying to get together a bunch of cards to take to him to give him another thing to do. I am a little limited I what I have for newer stuff but am pulling together any cardinals stuff that I have.
I would be interested in any lots that people might have available. Regular cards, game used, oddball stuff, etc. Please let me know what you might have and how much you want for it.
I would really appreciate any assistance!
Thanks guys!!

Tim

P.S. Sorry to the guys that are also on the Net 54 forum. I posted over there as well, so get a double dose!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Only modern or will old stuff work too? I’m starting to look around at children’s hospitals and other donation options for my (mostly) late 80s and early 90s stuff. Would be happy to send you all the Cardinals stuff I have, along with any NHL, NFL, or NBA stuff I have for teams he’s interested in from those leagues.

Jim

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Send me the info as I have a good bit from 2018 Bowman.

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:33AM

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burghman said:
    Only modern or will old stuff work too? I’m starting to look around at children’s hospitals and other donation options for my (mostly) late 80s and early 90s stuff. Would be happy to send you all the Cardinals stuff I have, along with any NHL, NFL, or NBA stuff I have for teams he’s interested in from those leagues.

I was going to throw in some older stuff as well. He might not know the names now but when he gets older he will. I honestly don't think he is into football, basketball or hockey, but not sure. Heck, might be fun for him to go thru so it's your call!

Thanks so much!
    Tim

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 11:33AM

• Options
    ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

PM me your address as I have some shiny heritage and 1 game used of Yadi I'd like to send his way.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have some new 2018Cardinals items that I can send at no charge, and please let me know where to send them to and a contact name. Thank you.

KC

• Options

Thanks again for all the responses and the generosity! Any items can be mailed to my address but addressed to Tyler. I will keep them unopened so he can do it!

Tyler Self
    2433 S. Lowell Ave
    Springfield, IL 62704

• Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

PM sent.

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

Hey Tim, when you get a chance, please give me a call on the number I left.

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options

@53BKid said:
    Hey Tim, when you get a chance, please give me a call on the number I left.

Will do, after work this evening! Thanks!

• Options

A big "Thank You" to everyone who has sent items! I now have a nice sized stack I'm going to take over to Tyler this weekend!!!