Home Sports Talk

I wonder if Sean Miller picks up the tab?

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

""Arizona sophomore forward Ira Lee was cited and released for driving under the influence early Sunday morning.

Lee, 20, is facing misdemeanor charges of failing to yield at an intersection, DUI as a minor and super extreme DUI involving a blood alcohol content of 0.20 or higher, according to Pima County justice court records. He was pulled over at 1:22 a.m. Sunday morning and tested for a blood-alcohol level of .215, police said.

Lee's arraignment is scheduled for Sept. 10, court records show. He is also in default for a May traffic stop in which he was cited for speeding more than 29 miles above the posted speed limit, court records show.""

Comments

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

The school has plenty of attorneys on staff and retainer. Defending a DUI should be a cakewalk compared to the felonies that the legal eagles are engaged in.

Wonder how the NCAA will opine.

Oops--just realized that he is an underage drinker. What a program we have here in the desert.

:/

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s the wild Wild West. I’m surprised the drinking requirement isnt just being tall enough to reach the bar

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Oops--just realized that he is an underage drinker. What a program we have here in the desert.

wait , are you suggesting that college students drink ?

Couldn't you have just edited the op and added those two sentences to it?

@bronco2078 said:

@Coinstartled said:

wait , are you suggesting that college students drink ?

Couldn't you have just edited the op and added those two sentences to it?

A story like this is much more dramatic when delivered in measured intervals.

Just watch.

Well it looks like it wasn't really his fault after all.

"""I would like to start out by saying I am deeply sorry to the City of Tucson, my family, and the U of A. I was completely out of character on Saturday evening and it is a regret I will have to live with for the rest of my life. That being said, what was failed to be addressed publicly is the fact that I lost my grandmother the day before the incident due to suicide. Before all of these events I was already emotionally unstable and dealing with different personal issues.

“The only person I can blame is myself because I knew how unstable I was and instead of seeking help I turned to drinking which led to a terrible mistake. For the time being I will be focusing on getting back to the happy state I was once in and eventually deal with whatever consequences that come my way. I advise anyone that is going through something or dealing with something deep down inside to talk to someone because self-harm is not the answer and it can lead to harming others unintentionally. Once again I am deeply sorry and I’m looking forward to getting back on track."""

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

you should change your name to Hamlet

@Coinstartled said:
    Well it looks like it wasn't really his fault after all.

"""I would like to start out by saying I am deeply sorry to the City of Tucson, my family, and the U of A. I was completely out of character on Saturday evening and it is a regret I will have to live with for the rest of my life. That being said, what was failed to be addressed publicly is the fact that I lost my grandmother the day before the incident due to suicide. Before all of these events I was already emotionally unstable and dealing with different personal issues.

“The only person I can blame is myself because I knew how unstable I was and instead of seeking help I turned to drinking which led to a terrible mistake. For the time being I will be focusing on getting back to the happy state I was once in and eventually deal with whatever consequences that come my way. I advise anyone that is going through something or dealing with something deep down inside to talk to someone because self-harm is not the answer and it can lead to harming others unintentionally. Once again I am deeply sorry and I’m looking forward to getting back on track."""

You should fax him an apology

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

I'll hand it to him at the strip club.

@Coinstartled said:
    I'll hand it to him at the strip club.

:D

Seriously though. How does Sean Miller still have a job?

m

As with Urban Meyer the huge payout was the issue. It cost $6mm to dump Richrod on top of a pending lawsuit.

Have had an ongoing discussion with a local sports journalist that is walking the tightrope between honest coverage of Miller in a town where the university is the entire story.

The school and city deserve better.