Home Sports Talk
Options

Browns vs. Eagles Pre-Season Game

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tuned into the game midway through the 3rd quarter and saw a score of 5-0. For a second there I was wondering what inning the game was in. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the Browns weren't expected to play hard because they were the Super Bowl champs last season.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

two things should be clear from that game --- the Browns have a pretty good defensive front and there offensive line needs help. past that, both Teams played inconsistently.

• Options

@1970s said:
    I mean seriously, don't we have to pull for this Browns team to do well this year ?
    Sorry, I had a moment of compassion. Please excuse me.

Also, you should hear the Philly sports talk guys thrashing this Eagles team for their lack
    of skills, especially in tackling and execution. They say they don't even practice tackling as much
    anymore due to all the legal issues the NFL is facing. Sissies.

You're exactly right. That's how the Eagles won the Super Bowl last season with lack of skills, especially in tackling and execution.

Your astute observation is remarkable. Did you ever consider ESPN as a career?

• Options

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

You're exactly right. That's how the Eagles won the Super Bowl last season with lack of skills, especially in tackling and execution.

Your astute observation is remarkable. Did you ever consider ESPN as a career?

LOL. I'm surprised you have not heard Seth Joyner going off on this team during the pregame shows. I thought you were a true Eagles fan ???? How can someone who can care less
    about the Eagles know more then a true fan ???? I did not make these statements. Seth Joyner
    has been ripping into this years team for poor tackling and lack of execution. Perhaps if you
    actually watched your team, you would know this. LOL+

No one is talking about last years team. LOL. Not sure how you got so confused. LOL

Here is your boy Seth Joyner on YOUTUBE ripping into little kids. He's been just as nasty
    with your team this preseason. Guy is unhinged. LOL.

How many times must it be said? NFL pre-season results have little or nothing to do with regular season results. That is simply a historical fact.

Now go see if you can replace Stephen A on ESPN and do a better job than him. LOL

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

How many times must it be said? NFL pre-season results have little or nothing to do with regular season results. That is simply a historical fact.

LOL. Tell Seth Joyner that. LOL. He's the guy who needs you to replace him on Eagles Pregame Live so you can tell all the adoring fans that the preseason doesn't matter.
    Call Comcast Sports to submit your qualifications. LOL.

You seemed to be just a wee-bit confused about someone wanting to be a Stephen A Smith.
    My original post was about how Eagles announcers are ripping into this years team about
    how back their tackling and execution is this preseason. Never said it was a statement of mine. Nice try. LOL.
    Somehow you got off subject. Next time, I'll draw a road map for you so you can
    stay on topic. LOL.

I'm going to have to give you a ticket for too many LOL's in a post! ;)

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

NFL pre-season games are more about seeing certain players in certain situations, seeing how different formations and plays work at different times and stuff like that. for the Browns it is a little more important because they also should be trying to build confidence in the players and form some attitude that gets past 0-16.

really, the only thing that counts is maybe the first 2-3 set of downs.

to compare it to MLB, during that sport's spring training the games get played but there's no rhyme or reason as to what is going on. maybe they want to see how a guy's fastball is running or they need him to work on his change-up. they don't really care if he gets hit.

two things stood out to me yesterday, both Philly and Cleveland have good OL's and their defenses should be OK --- and --- the Browns need help on their OL, fast and lots of it.

• Options

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

LOL. Tell Seth Joyner that. LOL. He's the guy who needs you to replace him on Eagles Pregame Live so you can tell all the adoring fans that the preseason doesn't matter.

You seemed to be just a wee-bit confused about someone wanting to be a Stephen A Smith.
    My original post was about how Eagles announcers are ripping into this years team about
    how bad their tackling and execution is this preseason. Never said it was a statement of mine. Nice try. LOL.
    stay on course.

Don't be ambiguous. You called the Eagles players "Sissies" so you took Joyner's position even much harder than him.

Look, if ESPN won't hire you, then try Fox sports, you can't possibly be worse than Shannon Sharpe. LOL

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

how bad their tackling and execution is this preseason. Never said it was a statement of mine. Nice try. LOL.
    stay on course.

Don't be ambiguous. You called the Eagles players "Sissies" so you took Joyner's position even much harder than him.

Look, if ESPN won't hire you, then try Fox sports, you can't possibly be worse than Shannon Sharpe. LOL

how about that bow tie shannon was flexing the other day? :D

• Options
    edited August 24, 2018 4:07PM

@1970s said:

I think he's saying "Skip"

I mean during the show with him and Skip Bayless he says "Skip" countless times.

• Options

@1970s said:
    Getting back on topic, I believe the Sanctuary Eagles are 0-3 in the pre-season.
    According to stevek, it's kind of like they are just faking it in bed right now.
    Doesn't mean anything. Can't wait for the real Sanctuary Eagles to show up in week 1.
    Looking forward to the damage.

I hope you are right, but like Steve said and he is correct...preseason as far as won loss record is meaningless.

• Options

Oh my gosh, the Eagles will miss the pre-season playoffs, and not be in the pre-season Super Bowl.

I am so bitterly disappointed.

• Options
    edited August 25, 2018 6:57AM

@stevek said:
    Oh my gosh, the Eagles will miss the pre-season playoffs, and not be in the pre-season Super Bowl.

I am so bitterly disappointed.

The Cowboys won't make the preseason playoffs either. And the way the players are dropping off we may not be able to field a team for game 1 of the regular season. Looks like 2018 is a wash for the Boys. I know everyone out here will be very disappointed, but hey......................

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

I mean during the show with him and Skip Bayless he says "Skip" countless times.

KInd of like MLB network when Amsinger, Billy Ripken , Harold Reynolds or the former relief pitcher who's hair
    is somehow black despite being 60 years old always saying "I get it" or "I get that" and then going on
    to make their point. I don't get why their always saying they get it.
    Tune in tonight to the I get it show with Amsinger and the boys.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

KInd of like MLB network when Amsinger, Billy Ripken , Harold Reynolds or the former relief pitcher who's hair
    is somehow black despite being 60 years old always saying "I get it" or "I get that" and then going on
    to make their point. I don't get why their always saying they get it.
    Tune in tonight to the I get it show with Amsinger and the boys.

Reminds me of the overused phrases: "Having said that","That being said".

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2018 2:02PM

I get the biggest kick out of teams that lose in preseason and the “Sky is falling” comments that follow, it’s utterly ridiculous

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I get the biggest kick out of teams that lose in preseason and the “Sky is falling” comments that follow, it’s utterly ridiculous

Because it's mostly those who follow professional wrestling and the roller derby, and don't understand what the NFL is all about.