Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ebay bucks

Earn 10% to shop on the App, 8% everywhere else. $25 min. spend.

Expires:

Aug 24, 2018 11:59 PM PDT

If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty

Comments

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up! I have a question about the "details": Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period.

Does this imply I can make multiple "transactions" during the promotion period and earn up to $500, or does it mean I can only earn $100 with this promotion, and if somehow I have already earned over $400 in this period, I will not earn the full $100?

Maybe a better way to ask it is this: If I currently have no purchases this period and I make 5 separate $1000 transactions today, will I end up with $500 in eBay Bucks?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@detroitfan2 said:
    Thanks for the heads up! I have a question about the "details": Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period.

Does this imply I can make multiple "transactions" during the promotion period and earn up to $500, or does it mean I can only earn $100 with this promotion, and if somehow I have already earned over $400 in this period, I will not earn the full $100?

Maybe a better way to ask it is this: If I currently have no purchases this period and I make 5 separate $1000 transactions today, will I end up with $500 in eBay Bucks?

Yes. You can earn up to $100 per transaction and $500 cumulatively per quarter under your eBay ID.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

You are capped at 500 for the entire quarter. So if you have 150 bucks already earned and you make 5 separate 1000 purchases today you will earn 100, 100, 100, 50, 0 and then earn no bucks on any more purchases the rest of the quarter, regardless of promotion.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, I didn't get an e-mail on this one and purchased something last night and held off paying until today hoping there would be a promo.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for he heads up. I used to buy something for my wife.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options

I did the same thing. Luckily I found more stuff to buy today B) .

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Sadly, I didn't get an e-mail on this one and purchased something last night and held off paying until today hoping there would be a promo.

• Options

Thanks guys for the feedback, I guess I don't understand eBay's reasoning for the $100 per transaction cap if you can use it up to $500 total, but I doubt I will be needing much more than the initial $100 :-).

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason, it says I'm not eligible for this offer when I click on it. Yet my total eBay Bucks earned so far this quarter is under $150. Has anyone else run into this issue?

• Options

I think they use and algorithm of some sort, but the results can be puzzling.

@gemint said:
    For some reason, it says I'm not eligible for this offer when I click on it. Yet my total eBay Bucks earned so far this quarter is under $150. Has anyone else run into this issue?

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Got the email, ty 4 heads up

• Options
    Mickey MaysMickey Mays Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

Bought a $600 card last night, always wait to next day before I pay hoping for Ebucks, except last night paid immediately, stupid, stupid, stupid, out $60......

• Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

@Mickey Mays said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

Bought a $600 card last night, always wait to next day before I pay hoping for Ebucks, except last night paid immediately, stupid, stupid, stupid, out $60......

I don't feel so bad now. I purchased a $50 item last night. could have saved $5 and I was fretting over it.

• Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

i never get these anymore - apparently the algorithm ruled me out long ago.

i wonder if i turn promotions off for some period, and then turn it back on?

• Options

@Mickey Mays said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

The details say "Purchases must be completed during the Promotion Period and paid for before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time."

To me that means even if you waited, you would not have earned the bucks, but I could be wrong.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I have been getting them the past year with a significant increase in purchases.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bounce said:
    i never get these anymore - apparently the algorithm ruled me out long ago.

i wonder if i turn promotions off for some period, and then turn it back on?

I was never getting included in the Bucks promotions. I called eBay a few times and was always told that people that were included were picked at random. I didn't believe this to be true. The last time I called I actually spoke to a lady that was willing to help. She suggested that I change my email address attached to my eBay account. I created a g-mail address just for eBay. Since changing the email address I have been included in almost every one of the Bucks promotions. You may want to try this.
    James

• Options

Earn 10% in eBay Bucks on all qualifying items of $100 or more!

Expires:

Sep 5, 2018 11:59 PM PDT

• Options

Works on cards

• Options

Thanks for this post. Snagged a few more nice ones.

• Options

Earn 8% eBay Bucks Now.
    Buy or Sell. Everything you need for fall is at your fingertips.
    No min. purchase. Ends 9/13, 11:59pm PT

• Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

I’m not seeing it. Anyone else?

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received the offer as well.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Got it.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it and used it B)

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

works

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018 8:18PM

Does EBAY listings still show how much Bonus Bucks you get if wiinning bidder.

Dont see them listed anymore and using ipad safari.

Thanks for any replies :D:D

• Options

10% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item $25 or more

• Options

Expires:

Sep 26, 2018 11:59 PM PDT