Home Q & A Forum
Options

1997 D Roosevelt Dime errors

I found two 1997 D Roosevelt Dimes that have this strange ear doubling. I cannot locate any information on them to make an assessment.

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to CU. Here is a joke that was played on me..."Can you hold the coins closer to the computer screen. It is hard to tell what you have without an image." :)

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some may comment if you can provide nice sharp close up images of the obv and rev. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can honestly say I have never seen anything like it, since I have not even seen yours.... :/

• Options

Will get those out. What's a good app for taking coin pictures?

• Options

your cell phone camera, close up and no shaking. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

That dime pic:

• Options

Looks like md. Time to use the Google to learn about machine doubling and other doubling artifacts. Doubleddie.com, conecaonline are good places to start. Peace Roy