Home Sports Talk
Options

A's now on top of the AL West.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

40-13 in their past 53 games. Have taken 2 straight from the Astros. Game 3 tomorrow.

I do not follow baseball much, but Wenger to an A's game on Tuesday. The team is playing very well. I heard 8 players have 40 or more RBIs so far this year and that the bullpen is excellent.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe one day they'll make a movie about it. ;)

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

this story should be more about injuries to the Astro's than how well the A's are playing. both Teams are good, though. injuries in any of the Sports are a key to Championships because you can't win if all the key parts are hurt.

my Cleveland Indians are a prime example. the Team is loaded, they might have the best overall starting pitching in MLB with legitimate CY Young candidates, two players who should get MVP votes and I think they have four players with 60+RBI, yet injuries have kept them struggling to be 10-15 games over .500 for the year. CF has been a revolving door since the starter(Zimmer) hit the wall and went down, Encarnacione was HBP and has a wrist injury, Bauer has a leg fracture after being hit by a batted ball and there have been other extended periods off the roster. Andrew Miller missed almost two months with a leg injury and the BP is still recovering.

the biggest thing for Houston right now is that Altuve, their sparkplug, is hurt. the Oakland A's caught fire at the right time and took full advantage of it. expanded rosters in a few weeks will help but if the A's can put distance between them and Houston it may come down to a WildCard shot for the Champs.

October baseball is fun but September races are even better.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

The A’s lineup is extremely deep and they can put up a ton of runs. Their bullpen is awesome to. The starting pitching has been just good enough to win games, hopefully it holds out through September, but i have a hard time believing Veterans Cahill, Jackson, and Anderson will keep this up. Matt Chapman is also one of the best players in baseball that no one talks about.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once you make it to the post season anything can happen. When the Mariners had the best season in baseball they didn't make it to the WS and the list could go on. The A's are on a roll. Who knows who will make it. Colorado won 19-20 to close the season several years ago.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

it will be nice to have at least one Pennant race.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great run by the A's. As a Yankees fan, I'm rooting for the Astros to win the division so the Yanks can play the A's in the one game wild card. Rather face the Astros in a longer series than in a winner take all one game.

Daniel