Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Garbage Pail Kids info needed

How do you determine if the 1985 set is "glossy" or "normal"? I ran across a lot in a recent collection. I submitted them as "normal" and they came back as "glossy". There does not appear to be any gloss to them, so I'm unsure if this is a mechanical error or I'm just not that familiar with the issue.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Answers

• Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭

Hey, David,

Check out the backs of the cards. If they are shiny, they are glossy. If they are not, they are matte. Post pics if you have any questions on them. Hopefully this helps.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Thk u. I will upload pics later today.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Were they expensive?

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

My apologies for the delay in posting a pic. I'm not sure you can tell from this angle as the light makes any card I have seem glossy. haha. The only thing I have 'glossy' to compare with the GPK's is the Tiffany type sets. Are the GPK glossy's like those? If so, this card is definitely not it.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

Bring this thread back from the dead.
    I have only opened one pack of GPK as and adult, and both of these cards came from that same pack. I'm trying to figure out which one gets a ride to Cali for a mechanical error re-holder. Any help would be appreciated.

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

Bump.
    Anyone out there know how to tell the difference between Glossy and Non-Glossy?

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

@DavidPuddy said:
    Bump.
    Anyone out there know how to tell the difference between Glossy and Non-Glossy?

I too could never tell the difference. Only recently I have found that is because I have mostly the Glossy version (which seems like a regular card). It wasn't until I found a Matte version that I could tell the difference, as they don't glare under light.