Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

So, I started on a Canadian Type Set Folder...Looking for some coins

I'm Starting with the Large Cents in VF or so.

Victoria 1858-1859
Victoria 1876-1901
Edward VII 1902-1910
George V 1911-1920

Also looking for a Dansco or Whitman album (don't laugh)

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you can get pages for each monarch too. The denominations wouldn't be next to each other (page for Cents; page for 5-Cents; page for 10-Cents, etc.), but all of George V would be together on one page, all of George VI together etc. Nice set to put together in VF or so and up. I may have to do that too. Thanks for bringing that up.

thefinn
  • Options
    sylsyl Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Dansco has/had a very nice type-set album. Look on Ebay or a Canadian coin site.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this is a great idea. I just realized I have a 1916 1p with a major die break. I forgot how many large Canadian pennies I have. I shall post an image tomorrow. I'm going to the WFM in Philadelphia today, should be fun. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    ElmhurstElmhurst Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

@massscrew said:
    I'm Starting with the Large Cents in VF or so.

Victoria 1858-1859
    Victoria 1876-1901
    Edward VII 1902-1910
    George V 1911-1920

I would upgrade to nice XF for the more common dates; its not that much more money.

• Options
    bobsrbobsr Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

P.M. sent re 1887 Can large cent.
    Bob Sr CEO Fieldtechs

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bob,
    If you sent me a PM, I didn't get it..

• Options

Check this rev on a 1916 G V One penny. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

it is not Canadian. this coin is British!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options

Oops! My bad. Peace Roy

• Options
    bobsrbobsr Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Look on your wall. I have a Can 1887 large cent, send me an address, I'll mail it to you if you like it make an offer, if not, send it back. I'm always open to trades also, I like anything capped bust or seated liberty.
    Bob Sr CEO Fieldtechs

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure I can fill your type set with VF-EF coins for every denomination and monarch except the gold. Let me know what you need and we'll go from there.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2018 5:54AM

Gene, he might want a 1921 five and 50... :o:|
    might be able to help.....

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terrific project. Have fun with it. I am. Unfortunately, my Whitman album looks old... Mainly because it is old but the Whitman bookshelf Canadian type set album is not the easiest thing to find.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    edited August 18, 2018 9:57AM

I just picked this album up... Looks to be in great shape! Should be fun to fill :smile:

The Queen Elizabeth II page is complete...

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice album, I don't think I've seen that one before.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen it before either... Looks to be pre 1967 as the 1967 commems do not seem to be included.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭✭

It's the precursor of the DANSCO type albums. Nice find!

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

There were also red Hong Kong Danscos.

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

I'm envious!! I have the blue Whitman folder version of the Canadian (and also the Newfoundland and the British N. American Cents & Half-Cents) Type set, with a few holes (mostly Victoria & Edward VII) still to fill. A fun set to collect! Good luck!

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great stuff! I hope you don't mind if I show off my folder. It is a simpler set (no 1911s as different types, for example) Circa 1958, it's also pre-1967, so I put the centennials in the unmarked holes.

• Options

carabonnair,
    I don't mind at all, love it! I actually have that same folder. I bought it just before I got the album above.. Great job on that album! I am looking forward to working on mine..

BTW, if anyone is looking for a folder like above, I have one :smile:

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats! Great set! I'm still missing a bunch to complete mine (partly because I have some of the necessary ones in my other folders for each denomination& no extras), but one of these days...........

• Options
    edited October 3, 2018 3:16PM

DBSTrader2
    It's been a great challenge.. no where near as inexpensive or available as I thought. I am enjoying it. I am also working on a Type set from Mexico.. A little easier, but some coins are tough.

• Options

If you can afford it, try and fill one of these type set books with AU and higher, and Varieties of each.
    you will be surprised what interest this investment would pay every year.