Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Fleer sticker grading

I purchased a 1988 Fleerset complete with stickers from a shop that is closing unfortunately and plan on sending them out to be graded. Any recommendations?

I see that the 10’s are bringing in a lot of money at any cation but once it’s a 9 it is basically a sub $100 card with PSA grading. I’ve seen some 9.5’s with Beckett do much better at auction so does anyone have a recommendations?

Some of the cards are obvious sub 10 and 9’s but to my untrained eye, there may be some potential 9.5’s and maybe 1-2 10’s if I’m lucky.

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2018 3:20PM

That sticker set is notoriously impossible. The back blue top and bottom is the worst for chipping and almost an immediate 10 cancellation (think of this as a 71 topps baseball where the black chips by even a weak breath near the card). The wax on back is also an issue (but most of the time easily removed). The centering on the front is awful for the average card both ways, but top to bottom is impossible to center.

My best recommendation is get the wax off and then holder them immediately and send in your "10's". The 9's I wouldn't bother until you get your 10's back, because my own experience leads me to believe they will be holdered as perfect 8's and you will then know just how harsh they are on these. I do wish you more luck than I, however.