Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Received TrueViews Weeks before Coins Graded?

Has PCGS recently changed its grading process flow for regrades?

I recently submitted 7 coins for regrade with Gold Shield service level (which includes TrueView). None of the coins were previously in Gold Shield holders. Two weeks after submission, suddenly all of the coins have TrueViews associated with them, state they are holdered as Gold Shield, but the cert numbers are the same (cert numbers always change on regrade, as opposed to reconsideration), and all the grades are the same (include no designation on a variety coin I am sure is a variety). I called PCGS and they tell me the coins are still in process and not to worry until everything has been finalized and it is only day 14 of the grading process.

I was just really confused by the process, because I've never had TrueViews pop up this early before receiving the grades, plus it already says Gold Shield in the cert look up. Anyone experience anything like this before.

By the way, the TrueViews look great. Here's my favorite, which as of now, is still graded at 67. I think this coin is a 68 or a solid 67+.

Comments

• Options
    TopoftheHillTopoftheHill Posts: 180 ✭✭✭

I know what reconsideration is....what is regrade??

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TopoftheHill said:
    I know what reconsideration is....what is regrade??

That is when they take it out of the holder, grade it and issue a new cert number.

• Options
    bugbitbugbit Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2018 3:53AM

I've just recieved notice that my submissions have shipped. All goldshield. No trueviews yet and the cert numbers aren't bringing up anything. This is my first submission. I'm sure they will all come up eventually. Is this normal?
    Edit....... Everything was up by the next morning. Nevermind

• Options

@bugbit said:
    I've just recieved notice that my submissions have shipped. All goldshield. No trueviews yet and the cert numbers aren't bringing up anything. This is my first submission. I'm sure they will all come up eventually. Is this normal?
    Edit....... Everything was up by the next morning. Nevermind

Yup, that is normal. It usually takes a little while for the TrueViews to post. Unusual when it happens the other way around!