Home Sports Talk
Options

Jack Morris Jersey Retirement Ceremony

WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭

Greetings from Comerica Park!!

Comments

• Options

The sunshine is washing it out but there is a huge ‘47’ cut in the OF grass.

• Options

And free swag!

• Options

Behind the curtain...

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pics Mark!

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I’ve been to that stadium 4 times when I lived in Toledo, Ohio from 2014-2017, and loved it every time. It’s a very nice ball park, and way more price friendly on everything compared to here in NY. I miss going there a lot, enjoy your day.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2018 12:54PM

I was a Jack fan. Difficult not to be as a Detroiter in the 1980's. Sort of a curse to be a HOF bubble player as your worthiness to get in or be in will always be questioned (DA's points are valid.)

Always good to see a sunny day at the Stadium...even if no longer at Michigan and Trumbull. ;)

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

is that the mud hens field or the tigers?

• Options

Tigers.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2018 3:36PM

that is a nice, modern BallPark, but I really liked the old one with the seats right to the edge of the action and low outfield fence surrounding the field. I think when Baltimore erected their New Stadium and all of Sports went to "single use" facilities it really set the blueprint for how all new MLB Parks would be designed. the new ones are all beautiful places to watch a game but the old ones that are still left hold a lot of nostalgia.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to Jack Morris, great Hall of Fame pitcher.
    Thanks for posting some pics of the field, it really looks nice.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

ah nice.. health doesnt let me travel much so only been to a few jays games and a couple for the toledo mud hens . hoping to get to some others one day

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m sure Dallas flew there for the ceremony

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pixs.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".