Home Sports Talk
Options

Any Freddie Freeman fans here?

DarinDarin Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if I've ever heard him mentioned here, but the guy has had a very solid MLB career so far,
and he's still only 28 years old.
Being a Royals fan, I was hoping Eric Hosmer could get to Freemans' level of production, but after being
traded to the Padres Hosmer is having a bad year and its pretty clear now he's no Freeman.
Any Freeman fans here? May have to take a look at some rookie cards to see if they're very expensive.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Freemasonry? I tried but B) could never master the secret handshake , plus I don't drink and don't have a wife to hide from so whats the point really ?

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was he in the HR Derby at All Star Break?

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone interested in freemasonry can call anyone besides myself!

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    59Horsehide59Horsehide Posts: 427 ✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    Was he in the HR Derby at All Star Break?

Yes, he was. I believe he lost the first round to Harper.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

Freemasonry? I tried but B) could never master the secret handshake , plus I don't drink and don't have a wife to hide from so whats the point really ?

Freeman, not Freemasonry. It would be ironic if he ever ends up in jail.
    So at least my question has been answered. No Freeman fans here.
    Still a very talented player, looks like he'll be one of those guys that sort of flies under the radar,
    not drawing much attention but having a really good career.
    Best Braves player since Chipper, I would guess.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big fan. Started following him and Heyward when they were in Gwinett. One of my favorites. Both for the player and the hobby. I have a couple of his rainbows started. This one(2013 across all of Topps Flagships design) as well as the 2011 Topps Chrome which is complete other than the 1/1s and the plates.

I also have quite a few jersey numbered cards 5/xxx.

• Options

Hallco, nice post. I knew topps did the different colors but didn't know there were so many of them.
    They look great. I'm kind of trying to do something similiar with Patrick Mahomes Panini Prizm auto rookies,
    although I only have three different colors right now, his cards are already kind of expensive.

Thanks for posting the pictures of those cards!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

@Darin. Thanks. Yes...Topps is trying to compete with crayola for most colors these days. I think around 2015 the total number for most of the rainbows were still somewhat reasonable. After that, it got stupid. Patrick Mahomes huh? I don't think it's the same guy I am thinking of! LOL! If so, he's got to be the oldest player in the majors! :tongue: I may have to check into him and figure out who you are talking about. I don't do much with younger prospects.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that card in the second row to the far right is known as the green variation.

• Options

Hallco- Its probably Mahomes' father you're thinking of, he used to pitch in the majors.
    His son is also named Patrick and will be the starting QB for the Chiefs this year. He has a cannon for an arm.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • Options

Lol...I feel a little embarrassed. I should have read your profile signature before I replied! Sorry. I don't follow the NFL anymore and just assumed he was in baseball. I will still look him up though! :D

• Options

@stevek said:
    I think that card in the second row to the far right is known as the green variation.

Topps called it "Emerald" that year. They are very cool looking in hand. I have several of the Boston Red Sox in that parallel. The Green Monster, Irish theme for them actually look really good against the red and white. As an example:

(image courtesy of COMC!) ;)

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is hallco a neighbor of mine? Ha! I remember Freeman as a g-brave when he started.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hallco said:

@stevek said:

Topps called it "Emerald" that year. They are very cool looking in hand. I have several of the Boston Red Sox in that parallel. The Green Monster, Irish theme for them actually look really good against the red and white. As an example:

(image courtesy of COMC!) ;)

They are good looking cards.

My little joke was an extension of your joke with the crayola crayons, and my collecting 1962 Topps with their green tint variation.

There are 256 different colors in the color palette. So maybe one day Topps will do 256 variations of the same card. ;)